cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

35 days

mel_74
0 9 55

Today I celebrate 35 days of Freedom. I am proud for everyone who has celebrated even 1 day of freedom. I will be glad when I get out of NML!  I totally understand why so many people lose their quit at this time.  I have moments of feeling very confident and at other moments I feel very weak. One moment I'm overjoyed the next I feel depressed and I don't understand why - Because I'm  very happy that I'm smoke-free.  I need to find a little more  happy I guess.... 

9 Comments
joyeuxencore

Bless you friend! The addiction had us a slave to 'dopamine release' all day every day...without that there is an 'empty' FEELING but it is just a "feeling" and we can re-learn a night out without cigarettes whether or not friends or spouse smoke...Remember:

They don't GET to smoke...THEY HAVE to smoke...xo

flybygirl43

You are doing great!  I'm 42 days.  Today was a bad day for me: I found out that I'd messed up at work and OMG I wanted to smoke.  My boyfriend said, go ahead have a cig, but I didn't do it.  But I REALLY wanted to.  Someone on this site told me a crave is 3 minutes long.  That has absolutely been the biggest help to me.  That's what's keeping me out of NML.  I just keep saying three minutes and it will be over.  That's working for me.  But I have to say I really want a cig right now.  But I know it won't make the situation better.  I'm so happy to be smoke free too.  It's hard tho, I keep feeling like I'm missing something and I feel kind of down.  Like no cig after a meal,  no cig when I get in the car to drive home after work, I feel sad (?) I think you're just having ups and downs because it's hard to let go of a habit.  Smoking has been my friend for years and now I'm sending it away.  And of course I miss it.  I do.  But think of the good things about not smoking:  the money at this point is huge, your sense of smell and taste become way better, and you yourself smell better not to mention the fact that you're not at the beck and call of having a pack of smokes.  Tonight my boyfriend commented that my hair smelled so good. That made me feel good.  Just keep telling yourself how proud you are of yourself.  I'm proud of you!!

lisa11209

Keep up your great quit!

phyllis-12-7-15

wow mel you are doing so great. Keep on keepin on as they say.

You really don't want to start all over like I did. We can do this.

tracyb316

congrats on ur 35 days, your doing great.

wishingstar

35 days is wonderful, wishing you many more

Renee day 2 in progress

freeneasy

Good job-as you go on you will have better days-miss it less.smoke free the way to be.

Nyima_1.6.13

Big congrats on thirty five! Head to my page and read the blog called 'Ouch my brain hurts!" If you want a little more info on dopamine!

cory-3-10-13

Keep riding those waves of emotion! Hold on tight to those proud moments when you are loving your new smokefree life and remember how proud you were when those craves hit! As long as you don't take one puff then that feeling will keep growing! You are transforming into the new you and the new you is wonderful! Hang in there, you got this!