cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

317 Days!

Jennifer-Quit
0 14 160

Well today I am celebrating 317 wonderful smoke-free days and just a little after midnight I celebrated my 56th birthday.  My Mother always joked that she had to hold me in until after midnight so I would not be born on Friday the 13th.  I did celebrate a couple of smoke-free birthdays 11 or so years ago but other than that, this is the first birthday since I turned 15 that I have been smoke-free.  It is really a wonderful feeling.  To all the newbies, hang in there - it does get better.  And to all the elders - keep hanging around - your advise and wisdom is truly appreciated. 

14 Comments
sparky26

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jennifer !  And congratulations on 317 glorious smoke free days. 

Barbara145

Congratulations on 317 days.  You have been strong, committed, and done whatever it takes.  We are holding the door open for you to the 6% Club!  Happy Birthday Jennifer!!

JonesCarpeDiem

Happy Birthday!

And You Got A Great Quit Going There!

prjimm01

wow.  just wow.  thanks!

elvan

Happy, happy, happy birthday.  I love it that your mother "held on" until after midnight so you would not be born on Friday the 13th.  Congratulations on your quit, Jennifer.  So proud of you and happy FOR you.

YoungAtHeart

Congratulations - WOW!

Nancy

Storm.3.1.14

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNIFER!!!!

(You're a fellow Pisces? Knew there wa somethings pecial about you, lady!)

MarilynH

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND A SUPER DUPER CONGRATS ON YOUR WONDERFUL MILESTONE OF 317 DOF AND COUNTING YAY AND YAY AGAIN. 

Marilyn 

Newfound_Joy

I am very HAPPY for you, Jennifer!  Happy Birthday to you!  It must be a great feeling turning 56 with 317 smoke free days behind you!! 

You will be celebrating one year before you know it!

CONGRATS!!

annb
Way to go Jennifer! You are about a year younger than me in years and a year older than me in your Quit! You have done a spectacular job from the start! Happy Smokefree Birthday!!! Congrats!
Ms.J_11-10-2013

Wow Jennifer Happy Birthday and congratulations on 317 you are doing an awesome job.  I also will be 56 on March 28th.. Please do something special for yourself today!

I cannot wait to pull you thru the 6% doors and introduce you to the Elders club, you have been an inspiration!

xoxoJackie

Ms J

Strudel

Happy birthday - and congrats on your quit! 

Minx

Happy birthday and congratulations!  What a fabulous inspiration!  I can't wait for MY first smoke free birthday either!

sandy167

seems like you have a lot of people routing  for you, you must be a special person 🙂  AWSOMEEE

About the Author
I am a 63 year old single woman. I quit smoking at 55 and my only regret is that I did not quit sooner. Freedom from cigarettes is truly a wonderful feeling!