Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

315 days! Newbies Listen up!

TerrieQuit
2 20 42

Hello, Everyone!

I haven't blogged for awhile. So here I am!

I want to tell you that it does get easier! Then you start getting those firsts, those things that just don't happen every day! I have had several things happen lately along with the death of a very close role model for me, my AA sponsor for the last few years! It's been hard. I didn't smoke! I am well educated about the drug, nicotine, and willing since day1. The determination I have toward never going back to day 1, and my commitment grows stronger every day! I reached out to two people here at Ex, one that knows about firsts and one that knows about AA. It never occurred to me to smoke, only to reach out for support! I felt like I kept getting knocked down and I just kept getting back up! Prayer works and God is good!

EX is also good if you do all the things that are suggested, the readings, waiting out the craves. and listening to our Elders! (They stick around here to help out!) When I needed a friend to talk to I picked two obvious people that I connect with right here on the site!. This is a great place to quit smoking! Use it!

Terrie   315  days free!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

20 Comments
YoungAtHeart

I am so sorry for your loss.  Life is always going to happen - it's how you respond to it that tells the tale ---- and you responded with maturity and wisdom, you reached out instead of tryinng to make it go away with alcohol or nicotine.

I am very proud of you and so glad to hear how well you are handling a tough situation!

Nancy

bonnie-12-28-14

So sorry Terrie.  You are doing great though.  Sending (((HUGS)))

JonesCarpeDiem

Good for you. I'm sorry for your loss

elvan

So sorry for your loss, Terrie, I am sure that this is a loss you feel very deeply.  I am glad that you reached out and knew how to deal with it without smoking. You are a very strong quitter and a great inspiration to everyone here. ((((Hugs)))).

NewMe

I agree with everything above. So sorry for your loss, and very proud of you for learning so well how to handle major life hurdles without resorting to smoke and alcohol. You are serving as a great role model to all who come behind you.

cpsono

Terrie, I'm so sorry for your loss...I'm proud of you too.  You are such an important member of the team here and I really respect your quit and your commitment!  CP

MarilynH

(((((Huge loving cyber hugs for you Terrie))))) - - and a super congratulations on your awesome ongoing precious forever quit, yay on your spectacular 315 DOF and counting. 

KMC56

Awesome, inspirational blog...heart felt prays go out to your for your loss.  

Daniela2016

I am sorry for your loss Terrie, and thank you for being such an inspiration for us newbies, thank you for keeping your quit despite what life is sending your way!

Daniela

Cindiboo

Terrie,

So sorry you lost your friend and mentor. Its hard to let go. 

I am so proud of you, You are an amazing woman! You really have took me under your wing from my first hour on the Ex site and you just keep showing me such great strength. Not only that but a dedication and determination that Nothing is gong to take away your Quit. You reach out to so many everyday even when life is picking on you and make sure you lift us up. Well, heres to a Grand Lady and Friend of mine. I am so very Proud OF You and Grateful To Know You!! Thank you for sharing your heart with us.  You Rock!!! excellent on day 315!!

Giulia

Open hearted hug to you for all that you're going through.  I can imagine what losing an AA sponsor friend  must be like.  The passing of a hero as well as a friend.  But you are moving into that mentorship position here on EX.  And the  knowledge passed on to you through that other addiction, by that mentor will  be carried forward.  That's the blessing of it.  We are all connected in our desires for freedom

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Im so sorry for your loss Terrie. Thank you for the honesty of your blog. As you go through your journey of firsts you share with us your new way of dealing with life of life's terms. Today you're choosing to reach out to people for support rather than alcohol or nicotine. This is a new concept for many of us. Thank you for offering us and sharing with us a new way of responding to life on life's terms. Im very sorry for the loss of your friend what a gift she must have been. Im glad God brought 2 people into your life to offer you support...together we can make it. Cyber hugs to you (((Terrie)))
kristen-9-7-15

Terrie, you are an AMAZING person!

Mike.n.Atlanta

WOOHOOOOO!!! Only 50 more days Terrie. I hope you have a big reward planned for yourself. You deserve it. Congratulations M'Dear.

KOKO,

M n @

P.S.~ "But you are moving into that mentorship position here on EX.  And the  knowledge passed on to you through that other addiction, by that mentor will  be carried forward." Agree with Giulia totally. Your knowledge, enthusiasm & joy in helping others makes you a great mentor.

johio

i am sorry for your loss.....

JACKIE1-25-15

Sorry for the loss of your sponsor.  Hope things work out for the best.  I am sure you will miss them .  Take care of yourself.  You are very important to me and us. We love you as much as you love us. 

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on 317 Soon to be the Big E

Giulia

Link didn't work.  Waaaaaa.

kathy.h.

I am so sorry for your loss Terrie.

About the Author
Hello, I am a 59 year old female, name Terrie, still growing up. I have moderate COPD. I am an oxygen patient, currently not in need of the 24/7 or night time oxygen. Thanks to all the great support and education I got here on EX. My original quit date was 07/06/15 on day 519 I relapsed and started over in less than 24 hours. I want to go to the great beyond being a former smoker and I shall! COPD is not choosy! and not pretty! May 1rst, 2017 I am using Dale's suggestion to put off a cigarette each time and I am down from 50 to 20. I am looking forward to my old(7-6-2015)/new quit date 7-6-2017 May 4th, 2017 I started with Marlboro reds. Nicotine is a very assinine addiction. Once addicted I found I would smoke any of it including the little cigar/cigarettes, and it's still true since I threw away my quit and stopped being true to myself. I will smoke ANYTHING with nicotine in it to get the fix. I hate smoking! I am not having a problem stopping it's staying stopped, that I am not doing! I do not buy anything but regular tobacco but if caught without it I will do anything except vape to get the fix. UPDATE POSTED 04/24/2018: Getting ready to set a quit date and begin again :)