cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

3 years:)

rainbow2
0 6 24

almost missed posting for my 3 year no smoking anniversary oct 2-2012 .....-3 years not one puff nor do i crave it- im very happy and thankful. planning to start patch tomorrow to get off the NIC GUM!!!!!!!

6 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Wow - please do wean yourself off the gum ---- I am surprised you have not had mouth/gums/tongue problems.

Instead of the patcfh, might you try gradually lowering the dose to the lowest one - then cutting that in half, then substituting a sugarfree gum of the same flavor for every third nic gum, then one every other.  If you do that, there should be little or no withdrawal from it.  At that low of a dose, it should be hardly noticeable.  You have gotten through the triggers/associations part of the quit, so the next part should be more manageable.

Ya' know - there ARE people who go cold turkey and they don't DIE!  It may be slightly uncomfortable, but if you get down to a low dose, my guess is you won't hardly notice it at all.  The nicotine is out of your body in 72 hours, and then it take a bit for your body to adjust to life without it.

I am glad you are working to get off of it.  Good for you!

Let us know if we can help! 

Nancy

rainbow2

Thank you Nancy, ill be posting more often for 

reinforcement and to let u know how it goes

thanks a mil:)

JonesCarpeDiem

Good For You!

TerrieQuit

I am so glad that you are trying to get off the gum! My daughter chewed it for a long time and it made sores in her mouth! Be careful! Congratulations on 3+ years!

Terrie

bonniebee

3 years is awesome but I can't believe you got hooked on the gum ! If you do choose to use the patch do not start on the 21 mg it would be to high and get you more hooked !

You can do it if you quit the cigarette habit i am sure you can kick the gum ! I like Nancy's advice above .

rainbow2

thamk you for all the encouragement will keep you posted:)