cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

3 weeks today NOPE!!!

robertclark302
3 5 17

I can hardly believe it but today marks 3 weeks since my last cigarette.  I haven't been able to say that for several years now.  The last time I was this far (and even farther along) was about 3 years ago.  However, this feels different.  I'm not stressing over not having a smoke.  I'm not even thinking about it to tell you the truth.  I truly believe that this time I am not alone, even though I am surrounded by friends who smoke (and who smoke in front of me).  God's love is truly amazing.  The day that I quit, I just made up my mind that I would not smoke again and then spent the next hour on my knees praying for the strength to stay strong.  I have only had a couple of bad days in which the cravings were severe, but never enough for me to even consider reaching for those instruments of death.  All the previous times I tried quitting I was kicking and screaming to get this far.  So  my advice would be to send it to God, because through Him all things are possible.  From what I have learned it takes 3 weeks to unlearn a habit, so I look forward to sharing more milestones to come.

5 Comments
About the Author
I am on my one millionth attempt at quitting. I have smoked for well over 15 years. A few years ago I developed a few health problems that gave me some concern but not enough to quit. Finally, my wife gave me an ultimatum; her or the cigarettes. I finally got my head out of you know where on June 2, 2016 and have never looked back.