cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

3 hours of HE double hockey sticks!

JonesCarpeDiem
3 6 114

This would've been a pack and a half morning if I still smoked!

I got 3 cases of water for myself this morning and 3 cases for my dad. It was 6:15AM and I had told my dad last night if I could get three cases of water for him I would bring it over at 9. (this was a Friday only special 3/$5) He tore his left bicep from to the lower attachment point 4 or 5 years ago trying to pull a rock out of the ground and it never healed all the way so I don't like him lifting cases of water into a cart, out of a cart, and into his car then into the house again when he gets home. Besides, he's 94, frail and, his skin is thin and most of the time, well, let's just say he buys band aids by the boxes, big and small ones.

I'm also the Phone and IT guy for my stepmom.

I got there and she tells me her cellphone is saying "You got no plan. I ain't workin' for ya."  I'd spent almost two hours on the phone a couple months back with her new phone  because her phone was no longer going to be compatible with the service. Whether I went through the virtual rubber road or spoke to a live person it was always "there's a pending transaction. We can't do anything until that transaction is processed." Two weeks later it still hadn't processed and I was steamed. Anyway THAT TIME, THERE WAS SOMEONE WHO KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING AND HAD AUTHORITY TO DO IT AFTER TWO HOURS.

Guess what? Her account had an automatic payment and they didn't continue her automatic payment. That's why her phone quit.  Today I had to do it all over again. I got her the 2804 minutes and all the data back but her plan is $1 more a month.

can live with that.

Best line of the conversation. "AM I SPINNING MY WHEELS HERE???" My dads sitting there listening. He'd never talk to someone like that but I'd already been on the call almost an hour.   This let's them know, well you know WTH is going on? 

Next, she wanted to get the digital specials at the grocery store.

Well, she didn't know her account number but she already had an account. I'm online and trying to get into her account so I can change the email and phone number for her and I didn't know her password. She has a little tiny book full of passwords. She can never find any that are current.   She couldn't find her store card. Back and forth to the car. NO LUCK. So I called. I told them I was her stepson and needed to update her phone and email. It went pretty smooth. I had to login with her old email and a temporary password she gave me then, sign in to change the email and phone number. I was frazzled from the first call and she gave me some wicked password like W8vLmkzT which I typed in wrong 4 times. As I left I locked their gate as I was going through, then, realized I had no keys. I didn't remember I brought a jacket. I called, they let me in and it had slid down the back of the chair. I get a block and a half away and realize I can't feel my phone anywhere. I'm franticly feeling in my pockets and on the seat and while doing and, ran up on, onto, and, off a divider about 35 miles an hour.  I then parked a half block away to do a thorough search and found that I hadn't felt it because it was under my wallet in the same pocket.

LIFE'S A FREAKOUT!

GLAD THAT'S OVER!  

6 Comments
About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.