cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

3 days

tjones09
0 8 3
3 more days til I quit and I am VERY nervous. Alot has happened in my life some good some bad that even the slightest sign of stress makes me want to smoke
8 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Have you done the recommended education, preparation and planning?  If not - you need to get started ASAP!

We all felt like you do today - but if you use the tools we have given you access to - it should be much less difficult.  You need to PLAN for what you will do instead of smoke when the stress starts.  Will you go for a walk, take slow/deep breaths, march in place, let ice cubes melt in your mouth, play a computer game?

You will make this much more difficult for yourself if you don't follow the tried and true advice available here.  This is not easy - you are overcoming an addiction to nicotine - knowing your enemy is vital.

Start reading if you haven't already done it!

Nancy

imadeer

we only smoke because we don't know any different.

tjones09

yes i have done the research and prepartion and also got some NRT products the gum and the patch. what i plan to do in replacement of those are go for a walk, do a word search, sleep, take deep breathes, pray, and also look at the sticky notes i placed around the house to constantly remin me why i am quitting. i also got some carrots and LOTS of bottles of water. im ready just relly nervous because for the first time in my life im really  serious about this that i took the needed steps to be prepared this time than i was the other 5 times i tried to stop. not saying im a quitter but it always has been hard to follow through with some things because i was never prepared but now im more prepared than ever! and yes we only smoke because we dont any different.  and i see and learned different now.

Junior7

You can do this! 

hellbilly_va2

You'll be fine. There's really nothing to be nervous about. It don't hurt. Your head won't spin around and spray pea soup all over the walls. No blood. God willing, no other bodily fluids will be involved. The hardest part at first is trying to keep your mind preoccupied. Every time you think about smoking, change the subject and do whatever you can to think about something else. You said you were a nerd. Take out your aggrivation  with a video game. Nothing says I love you more than a  plasma grenade stuck to the back of a loved ones head. Just saying : ) Lol. Or start an epic game like Skyrim that takes forever to finish and leaves no time for smoking when you really get into it.                                         Tom

Giulia

Strong preparation makes for a strong quit.  Stress is a trigger for many.  Part of the adjustment process to the new "norm" is finding a different way to deal with stress than sticking a cigarette in your mouth.  Life is full of the good, bad and ugly.  And stress will always be a part of our lives.  We can learn the techniques to help relieve it through other means.  It's part of the homework process.  Being "really serious" about it makes a difference.  Stick with us.

tjones09
Lol my brother just brought me some new games to play so I will playing those. And yes learning a different way to deal with stress other smoking is really good. I'm starting to find out some things about myself I like and didn't like and things I can do like an 11 mile bike ride. Which I could never do before. I was so scared about it, dealing with stress a different way at first because I have a severe anxiety/depression disorder OCD+PTSD. but in the process of this all I'm talking to a therapist to help out.
dawn119

First of all I want to wish you the best of luck, have faith in yourself, because you can do this.. This is only my second day, I'm still craving a cigarette really bad.. I thank God that I found this website, everyone on here has been supportive and really helpful with the advice given..