cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

3 Days today

Chad6
1 8 23

Today will mark my third day without the cigarettes. My initial quit was in January 2009, I went 4 1/2 years then went back to it for no good reason. I used Celexa the first time around to take the edge off and was succesful weening off after 2 weeks. However on my first quit I gained quite a bit of weight, about 35 lbs to be exact, this was almost right away. I leveled off a that weight for a while and slowly increased. I went to about 100lbs heavier then I am right now. In Nov 2012, just a month after I last posted on here about my success to quit story follow up, I ended up in the hospital for pancreatitus and diabetic ketoacidosis at the same time. I was told there was a very good chance I wasnt going to make it through the night as my organs were shutting down and toxicity running through me. My triclycerides were 7800 and my blood sugar was 521. I had a resting bed weight of 348lbs at this point. Fast forward a month later, I was discharged from the hospital and about 38lbs lighter then I went in.. A bit rough of a start for the wieght loss but a start none the less. Mid way through 2013 I picked the habit back up one night while ut with friends having some drinks down town on a nice summer night. That is as they say "history".. Here I am almost 4 years after leaving the hospital 248lbs and much healthier. I have been smoking for the last 2/12 years as I said earlier but now I am going to work on that. My hopes is that this time around I can stay focused on what did and didnt work for me when I quit before. I hope not to repeat some of the measures as they did not land me in a very good place health wise and the trade off seemed far more horific then it should be. This community made a huge impact on me when I quit in 2009. I met great people who were in the same boat as me. I am back here in hopes of gaining and giving as much support as I can and hope to make a difference.

8 Comments