Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

3 Days Strong!

ryanden
1 6 24

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to post that I am going on 3 days cigarette free. My initial quit date was May 30th, but because I am taking Chantix, my quit date with the medication was June 2nd. So I haven't had a cigarette since. Not that I haven't wanted one, because I have and I do, but I am determined to quit. I know that as long as I continue to believe in myself and lean on my support system, I shall succeed.

Thanks everyone for being here and having my back. The wildest thing is not the craving for a cigarette, it's an emptiness that something in my life is missing. A void. That's powerful that's cigarettes had that much control over my life! I also have to admit that I am eating more. Even when I am not hungry, I find myself eating something.

Anyway, just wanted to share!!

6 Comments
shashort

Congratulations on 3 days of freedom.  Keep telling yourself that you don't do that anymore when that thought comes.  Telll yourself NOPE!!!( not one puff ever) and SINAO (smoking is not an option) and keep yourself busy.  Stay strong.  ONe thing I did was got me a water bottle and when I need hand to mouth I drink instead of eat.  Pop a sugar free mint and maybe try snacking on fruits and veggies. Hope that helps.

NewMe

You have the right attitude. Hopefully, you have done the recommended reading: Allen Carr's book, plus some of the information on whyquit.com and quitsmokingonline.com. Also reading blogs posted here can give you both emotional support (not going this alone), as well as some great information passed along to help you succeed. Congratulations on 3 days. Keep it up.

ryanden

Thank you Shashort & NewMe for your support and encouragement. Really helps.

I did read most of Allen Carrs book and it was very interesting. Now I am going to check out the other reading material you  have suggested.

Shashort, the drinking water suggestion is good. Instead of constantly eating, I think I will just get me a bottle of water. Only so much fruit and vegetables I can eat. But, I am walking my treadmill and I am looking for someone to help me with exercises for the beginner.

I will hang in there. Thank you both again.

JonesCarpeDiem

Good for you. I hope you will read my page if you haven't done so.

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on 3 successful days.  Education is the key to a successful quit. 

hunniebear03

Congratulations on three days! We are all here for you! I felt the same way at first that it wasn't just the ciggarettes it was the feeling of not having something to turn to! But I realize there is! I am two weeks smoke free and feel so good and I'm never going back!! So glad your here stay on here it is helping me get through this! You got this!