Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

2nd day and this seems a little worse

eagrant
0 11 53

Okay guys!

Is the second day the worst?  Today just feel so much more anxious and wanting to smoke....

11 Comments
boondog

For some it 's worse, it was for me. I think your body gets mad at you for not giving it what it craves so it says "I'll show him, they can't handle this". Just hang in there, it gets much better pretty quick. I've heard it said to watch for the terrible threes. Three days, three weeks, and three months, lots of wasted quits at these points.

Hang on, you'll be glad you did,

mjohnson1

It is just the habit talking more than anything. We are creatures of habit and routine. Break the routine and your mind goes a little hay wire. the nicotine will be gone usually by the 3rd day. The 2nd day was the worst for me as well. Hang in there...Fruits, juice,Showers, Naps, all of these are excellent ways to deal with the withdrawl process.

Sootie

Yes---exactly as everyone above me said. Your body is now further away from its LAST hit of nicotine...and like the addict we all are---it is getting more and more upset and more and more insistant that you give it what it wants. This will be progressively worse (but not IMPOSSIBLE) for just a little while and then your body will learn who is boss....WHO IS BOSS???? YOU!!!!

Stay Strong---this is so doable.

onedayatatime2

Distrct yourself--I remember being told the 4 D's.  Deep breath; Drink water; Do something; Delay.  This in response to any cravings.  Also keep a positive attitude.

There is nothing either good or bad, hard or easy.  It is how we choose to think that makes it so.~ William Shakespeare.

No matter what don't smoke! N.O.P.E. 

stephanie4u10

Congratulations on your 2 days! Yes this is hard. Everyone has given you great advice/suggestions of how to make this as easy as possible.  Just remember also that regardless of if you smoke or not, you are going to have cravings. When you do stop smoking, the cravings come less and less until you rarely have them and they barely affect you anymore. Just keep hanging in there you can do this. Have a beautiful smoke free day (((HUGS)))

eagrant

Thanks everyone!  This is really helping me to remain smoke free.  Thought this afternoon I was going to have a relapse...which probably doesn't bode well for long term but I did get over it and a little better. 

Have to keep reminding myself that this such a stupid habit and that anchor once completely removed from my life will open doors to other fears that I want to conquer...

jeffreydigital

I am certainly not a seasoned, tried and true ex, as this is only the fourth day of my quit – that said, the second day was absolutely the worst of my quit thus far. I think it is due largely to that fact the “hype” had passed but the cravings had worsened. At least that was the case for me. Day one was tolerable, mostly because I was all amped up and ready to quit but, man, by the time evening rolled around on day two, I was close to going crazy.  The good news – I made it through day 2 and on to a less suck-filled day three. So, let’s take the advice of those who’ve traveled this path before us and stay strong!

kim_hollings

I'm on my second day as well. And yes, it's worse. I'm over the cravings, but not over the habit. All I want to do is stop working and go "take a break." But I'm not going to. You know why? Cause I'm writing to you guys instead. You CAN make it through day 2!!!!

eagrant

I won't if you won't and today for some reason I am more tense about it....have to go home soon and have to find a way to stay busy.  Yesterday, I took a quick nap and it helped me a bit....

kim_hollings

Well, I am determined not to! I haven't so far. So I won't if you won't hahaha. Naps don't help, cause I have trouble sleeping anyway. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and smoke. Ah...what to do with the free time! Before it seemed that I never had enough time, thank you smoking, but now all I seem to have is free time!

doney

I am only on day 7....I quit last year for 46 days, then started again (duh!)...both times i've quit smoking, I think the 3rd day is the worst. Not trying to scare you. Like I said, I am on day 7 and I feel ALOT better. I still have some cravings now and then, but it is much easier to manage than it was 4 days ago....and it only gets easier day by day. Hang in there!!!!!