cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

29 days

ldny
0 9 21

Just wanted to check in. I am proud to say I have been 29 days free.  Still using an NRT losenge, but only 3 a day or so.  I am anticipating a trigger tonight-- I had a fight with a loved one last night, and got very little sleep. I'm very tired, and meeting two friends after work for a drink.  One of them is a smoker.  I know that checking in here ahead of time, and anticipating the trigger, will help me not succumb to it.  Plus, I am so close to 1 month-- I can't give that up.

Happy friday, everyone.

9 Comments
JACKIE1-25-15

Not to sugar coat it but the truth.  Sounds to me you may be  setting yourself up for failure. Only 29 days in ,Tired, Around A Smoker, Drinking, Stress.  This would be a time I would just say no and go home and rest. Do this when you are stronger.

linda258

OK... if you insist on testing yourself.... limit yourself to one drink.... do not go with your friend when he/she goes out to smoke.... if an intense crave or thought comes in your mind... excuse yourself and leave.

Oh.... blog when you get home... I'll be up waiting to hear how you did .. and I expect you to be telling me that you will be hitting one month soon.  

Summer-Rain

Since you are anticipating a trigger may I suggest that you take a rain check and go home.  YOur friends will understand.  Protect your quit at all cost.  You would be so dissapointed in yourself if you lost your quit.

The journey continues

JonesCarpeDiem

what was said and what you said.

Papa-Mark

I agree with Summer Rain..............Rain check.

YoungAtHeart

I concur.  You know you are setting yourself up for a rough time of it if you go. - and your quit needs to be your #1 priority right now.

Better safe than trash 29 days of really hard work!

Nancy

lois2

protect that quit.  stay home.

molzep

You've made a decision to quit smoking. Remember that decision throughout the evening and stick to it!

Molly

Nov 20. 2009

sparky26

I agree with everyone on this , you are taking a big risk . Would be better to take a rain check !