cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

27 Days Singing and Dancing

Wozlik
9 12 218

Today I’m coming out of my long-haul Covid crash and thinking about how much better things are being smoke free.  I am coughing less.  I don’t notice my breathing or sleeping being better.  My energy is still lousy.  My voice has changed.  I no longer sound like a cigar-smoking bookie from New York.  Probably the most surprising thing to me is how much more time I have.  Since I don’t go outside to sit and smoke, I talk short walks.  When I get frustrated I don’t go out to smoke I change activities and give my brain and emotions time to reset before tackling the problem again.  When I accomplish something I tell myself out loud,”Good Job” and then i take a few seconds to see what it feels like to believe it.  
I misplaced that song (to I’ve been working on the railroad) but  I’m making up my own words - oh yeah, my lungs don’t know where to go, uh huh uh huh.  My hands and feet are tingling from having blood flow uh huh!  Oxygen saturating my body, my brain is so confused. Been running on empty so long  ‘cuz it’s used to being abused (shake a tail feather, pony step, bugaloo- jazz hands 🚭🤣❤️.). I’m getting ideas and strength from so many of you here and getting to know the things you have/are experiencing in your life without a nicotine crutch.  You inspire me.

so even when the brain fog is thick and I can’t remember things or figure stuff out I can count on the fact that smoking isn’t going to make anything better, but coming here does.

Wozlik_0-1692647664374.jpeg

Wozlik_1-1692647725305.jpeg

12 Comments
About the Author
My avatar shows me eating honey my grandson’s bees make. I’m 75 year (someone told me I’m only 71 - someone can do the math born 11/08/1952) old with 60 year smoking habit. Grandmother to 14 amazing humans and soon to be a great grandmother. Six wonderful children who deserve to have a mom who doesn’t smoke and stays as healthy as possible for as long as possible. I’ve lived urban, suburban and rural places. Worked at many jobs from plastic injection molding and waiting tables to teaching and journal editing. Retired, divorced, long Covid. Looking for what the next universe has in store for me next.