cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

256 DAYS OF FREEDOM!!!

LindaLouise
3 9 53

I just logged on for the first time in a long time and it was pleasant to see that I have 256 days of freedom!!!

I  should have so much more time now. The way I see it is at least 5 or 10 minutes at least 20 times a day that I have now at my disposal that I used to let go up in smoke. I am learning how to live without something that I have used for more than 50 years and I am giving myself a break and I am not getting on myself about not using my time wisely. I have been having a lot of fun with my cats, my friends and family and especially with my darling grandson, who I have to thank for quitting in the first place! I would like to focus more on my painting and other forms of art.  Here's one I did recently as an ode to the lovely DayLily!

I am so happy not to be chained to cigarettes anymore!!!  You guys it's worth the struggle. I am sorry that I have not been more of a support here, but I have been staying busy which is one of my methods for not wanting to smoke! There have been moments that I thought that I wanted a cigarette, but not as much as I appreciate my freedom!!! I encourage all you quitters out there to hang in there and get your mind right and recognize that you are so much better off with out them!!! It is such a mental thing... don't let yourself believe that it can't be done... I'm living proof that it can be done and I dare say that I have had some fun with it! BTW I didn't gain a ton of weight either. I know that I haven't been very faithful at visiting this site, I did want to check in and let you know that I am still among the quitters!!! SO happy to be one!!!    

9 Comments