cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

254 Days...!!!

ralphh11
0 10 46

Kind of amazing that I've made it this far. Amidst challenges over the past 8 months, I've made it somehow. 🙂

For the most part, I feel better. My weight increased, but stabilized and I started slowly losing over the past month. However, I still only sleep about 6 hours a night (sometimes more, but that is average) - from about 9:30pm-3:30am or so. Sometimes I can fall asleep, sometimes not.

Has anyone had chest tightness and intermittent chest muscle pain this far in? I can breathe well and deeply... and am not short of breath (even when I walk for an hour in the morning or otherwise). Just curious if lungs can still be healing this far in...?

10 Comments
elvan

It doesn't sound like you are describing shortness of breath and if I remember correctly, didn't you have pretty much everything checked out in the beginning of this quit?  It it is bothersome and is affecting your breathing, by all means see a doctor.  If there is a chance that it is anxiety related, you might try some relaxation techniques to see if they work.

Congratulations on 254 days!

JonesCarpeDiem

Good For You!

I have no idea about the muscle paoin or tightness as to how it relates to your quit

Jennifer-Quit

Well I am so happy to hear from you!  Congratulations!

ralphh11

Yes Elvan. I did have everything checked out at the beginning and just before my quite. It is not affecting my breathing at all. It just surprises me sometimes. Going back to deeper relaxation techniques and breathing.. 🙂

TerrieQuit

Hi, Ralph! Good to see you! Congratulations on 254 DOF. Here is a good deep breathing/ relaxation exercise you may want to try

Don't Quit on your Quit!

YoungAtHeart

Chest tightness could be serious - and this far in, I don't think it is quit related. I would have it checked by a doctor, I think.

Happy to see you! 

Don't be such a stranger!

Nancy

Dotgirl_1-28-16

Congratulations on your awesome 254 DOF. As for the chest tightness, better to be safe than sorry and have yourself checked out. 

JonesCarpeDiem

Ralph

Are you able to function on 6 hours?

Kids need 8-10 hours while they're growing

They now say we only need six hours sleep and that more or less aren't that great.

Silverstar

Hi, Ralph, congratulations on 254 days!  I look forward to being able to say that for myself, thank you for the inspiration!

shashort

Congratulations on 254 days of freedom. Way to go.