cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

250 Nicotine /Smoke Free Happy Days

james41
0 13 2

Wow! Am I only about 100 days away from a year quit?? Yes I am , and like time in general these days it's flown by!

I decided I was going to quit ,,  DECIDED  to be HAPPY

I joined here about  2 weeks before quit date, which was sooner than the site gave me as a suggested quit date , about 2 months sooner.

I took Chantix ( Non Nicotine ) for 3 weeks, had my last cigarette the night before  my last dose

I read "The Easy Way" by Allen Carr

I have been pleased without misery

(And pretty much in this order) I didn't purposely not follow the program, like the quit date and the tracking and all I was just ready and had already picked Christmas day of 09 anyway and the tracking I didn't understand, I smoked 36 years and could tell you exactly when I lit a cigarette,,,, and that was EVERY available moment  EVERY opportunity I never missed a chance , even if I only had time to light one and put it out and waste it , like walking to your car at work for something you forgot ,

I mean buddy I SMOKED!! And,  Yes Yes Yes  I occasionally have the thought of one cross my mind, but I give it nothing but a great big ole laugh, I don't dwell on it. I started by talking to myself and deciding how I would ALLOW it to affect me.

This is James Free after 2 PACKS A DAY FOR 36 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Continuing a big ole Happy Snoopy Dance!!

I

13 Comments