cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

242 Days Free From The Bondage Of Nicotine/Smoking

james41
0 3 94

I  wish I could say a comforting word to those who are struggling. Better yet I wish I could convince them that If you choose you can talk yourself down to a calmer place and ease about 80 % of the anxiety some of you seem to be having. It is all a mental decision to be miserable or not, that is if  you are willing to try it and not be skeptical.

I smoked 2 packs a day for 36 years , I obsessed over cigarettes, got up duriing the night to smoke, lit one before any nutrition touched my lips in the morning, don't remember big parts of wonderful travel because I obsessed over where and when I could smoke. I literally would not go places if I could not smoke. I smoked until I literally felt totally posioned at the end of the day. I guess my point is that if a smoker like me can decide to quit anyone can. As  different as people are, remember that addicts sometimes get caught up in their "terminal uniqueness" and miss the boat thinking their situation in life is something nobody could possibly understand, when in fact we all have been in a situation that made us feel that way. I believe when you are ready that something just clicks and you quit.

How we feel about it and our life in general is up to us. Most of the problems we blame others for can be tracked back to our own original actions as the cause if we are willing to face the truth , I did and it was the most liberating experience in my life and gave me the desire to make the decision to quit smoking.

You'll notice I did not say hope, try, think I can or any terms that suggest a mere possiblity. Be positive in your thoughts, let all the physical feelings of the drug wash over you and flow out behind you and you'll start building strength and steam you never knew you had.

I thank you all for your continued support and daily blogs and suggest you come here for help and read , read , read ,, all you can

This is james free and 1 day away from 8months into that blissful freedom.

Oh and by the way, I've saved over $ 2,500.00 so far by not smoking!!!

3 Comments