cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

21 days until I do it for good.

CoraLynnWhite
3 13 407

I have been on this site many times. Everytime I think I can commit to quit. I have tried cold turkey and with a timer I always make it 22.5 hours and relapse. I have quit some hard drugs and I still can't seem to commit. I don't know what to do. I have a bunch of gum and one pack of cigarettes. I have set my quit date for the end of this month. In August it will be 16 years that I have smoked. I am tired of letting myself down. I have a rash kind of thing on my hands. The dermatologist called it something I can't pronounce and took a biopsy. He said if it is what he thinks it is it is either caused by prediabetes, diabetes or smoking. It is an autoimmune disease which means it will come back. Autoimmune diseases run in my family. I had a great aunt who had Lupus, and my mom has sarcoidosis. My hands are getting better with a steroid creme. I am happy about that but even though I know that my smoking has caused it because I am neither pre or diabetic, I still can't seem to quit. So I'm going to take it day by day minute by minute and I am going to beat this. Wish me luck I'm going to need it. 

Tags (1)
13 Comments
About the Author
I am a 33 year old woman who has smoked for 15 years. I started smoking when I was 18 yeats old. Sadly, I started smoking because no one ever asked me to smoke cigarettes or anything else, so I took it as an insult and started anyway. How is that for insight...