cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

202 & 203 Happy days Nicotine/Smoke free!!

james41
1 3 91

I 'm here Sheri, sorry if I made you nervous, I just jumped up and took off cleaning yesterday, had my roomie on a roll and figured  I better keep on going , then an evevning of getting groceries and what not.

He failed with his quit about 3 or 4 weeks ago and I watched yesterdau as he sucked air through his teeth in times or places you could not smoke , which is anywhere indoors I spent about 3 to 10 seconds wanting one and the rest of the day feeling sorry for him and very happy they don't dominate my life!! He was right back to his original amount and distractions as before his 2 month quit, it was all so predictable,, I've said nothing unless asked, he is younger anyway and I know me saying anything will only make it worse as he has to find his own way.

I read hopeful, I never said hope , I DECIDED , I never said try, I DECIDED, I welcomed the dazed feeling and enjoyed the slight dizziness, I took deep breaths and long luxurious sighs as I knew all these things were bringing me closer and closer to a body and system free from nicotine.

Remember to tell yourself it's all part of it and you'll soon be free. Deciding is the hardest part, then it's down hill, A mind game, if you've been weak in the past life let this be the time in your new life you are strong and don't allow the word try to enter into it..

"Well easy for him to say he doesn't know wht I've been through." Well maybe not exactly, but I'll bet something similar in my life, none of us are that terminally unique, I promise.

Ok, all I can say today other than thank you is don't allow it to be stronger than you, after 3 days you got it licked.

I smoked 2 packs a day for 36 years and I did so for about 26 of those years simply because I thought it would be HARD,, It was not!

Thanks guys

3 Comments