cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

200 DOF

TerrieQuit
1 32 144

Hello! I want to thank all of you for riding out this storm with me! I figure this is AT LEAST  the 200th time that I have announced my freedom! haha!

To those of you ahead of me: You have held my hand and lit the way and reassured me every step of the way! I can't thank you enough!

For those coming along behind me,I have my light shining very brightly for you! You will make it!! It isn't always easy but it is doable! and If The rest of us can do it you can too! Remember: NO SMOKING NO MATTER WHAT!!  Keep moving forward!

Don't quit on your quit!

Terrie  200  DOF

ps I have saved 4 weeks 6 days and 19 + hours of my life!

32 Comments
kristen-9-7-15

Woot Woot!!!!!  Yay Terrie!!  Congrats on 200 days and leading the way for me.  I have to say you are one fabulous leader!!  Love ya!

JACKIE1-25-15

Yay.  It is time to PARTY!!!!!!whoo hoo !!!!!!!200 days

BIG ONES

JACKIE1-25-15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s

We are not finished.  This party is just geting started. Yes!!!!!!!

YoungAtHeart

I knew you could do it!!!

Congratulations, m'dear!

(and thanks for all you do here, too!)

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

These cupcakes right out of the oven 

dpop
Thanks and congrats on your quit!
JACKIE1-25-15

Here are some ballons

JACKIE1-25-15

Yay those balloons took some work blowing up.  I have to go get the ice cream.  Hold up I will be right back. Whoo Whoot hoo

Terri103
Great work, Terrie! Keep showing me how it's done!!
ShawnP

200 balloons being lifted up in  your honour!! Congratulations Terrie! Your presence here is helping so many, both new and old!

froguelady

Congratulations Terrie on 200 DOF. Job well done. You inspire many newbies and oldies alike. You bring to life what EX site ia about, love, caring and wanting to help others.

MarilynH

Congratulations Terrie on your awesome 200 DOF, I am so EXcited and Extremely happy for you my friend because you most definitely are rocking your precious forever quit, rock on my friend rock on. ☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆ 

joedice711

congrats terrie, you are getting to be like an elder here on the site..your always there for someone in dispare. keep up the good work my friend...yay terrie... big 200...

JonesCarpeDiem

FANTASTIC!

blaquequeen83

FANTASTIC Terrie!! So happy for you!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Jennifer-Quit

You are such an inspiration to so many - including me!  Congratulations!

Kimshine

Congratulations Terrie! 200 wonderful days of freedom!

Thank you for your encouragement and kind words to me. Keep that light shining bright for helping us newbies!

I hope you do something really nice for yourself today!

Giulia

You're worth your weigt in gold and diamonds, kid!  Keep shining that beautiful light of yours! 

Mike.n.Atlanta

WOOHOOOOO TERRIE!!! You are kickin ol Nic's ash. Congratulations on your 200th day of smoke free living. We're all proud of you.

Keep on keepin on,

Sootie

You can post every minute of your quit if you want!!!!! We are happy to party whenever!!

CONGRATULATIONS on 200 days!!!!! YAY YOU!

candylance

Congratulations to the friendliest girl on EX!! Thanks for the way you share yourself and make friends so easily and help them to make friends. I really appreciated your phone call when I was down and out, and now we're celebrating your 200 smoke free days. Knew your attitude was in the right place for this celebration. I'm so proud of YOU, MY SWEET AND CRAZY FRIEND!! I LOVE YOU!!

NewMe

Sending you some flowers  😃

jonilou

You're light shines SO brightly, we can see it for miles around! Yippee for Terrie, no one deserves this more than you! Yay for 200!

GreenThumb3

Awesome  congrats on 200 

dpop
Just keep saying it! Sounds great!
djmurray

You're an awesome quitter, Terrie, and a great member of this community!  Congratulations on your lovely 200 days.

X4good

{{yodelling from the top of the mountain to share your accomplishment}}  Way to go!!!!!

kristen-9-7-15

Wow!! Look at all these comments! You are so very much liked around here!!

TerrieQuit

I know Kristen! I am very much amazed and I feel very loved!

bonniebee

Wooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh how I wish I could send you a really nice picture with this Congratulations !!!!!

You have been here probably everyday since you first began this journey and are such a wonderful part of the Ex -Family Terrie !!!!

I am a little ahead of you and you have been such a great part of my quit journey  I have seen you struggle and grow strong in your quit while  helping everyone else  along.You are a little ray of sunshine Terrie and you have helped me in my quit journey I always look forward to"seeing " you here whenever I come to Ex ! 

Stay Strong and Carry On ! 

HealthyOrange

Congratulations on your spectacular 200 days of freedom, Terrie!  You deserve every ounce of love you receive here and more!  You are always here with a helping hand, supportive comment and welcoming spirit.  Kudos to you!  xoxo Jamie

elvan

Congratulations, Terrie, what a shining light you are for everyone.  Thanks for checking on me, I am trying to get caught up on reading blogs, I am really weak but I am keeping clear liquids down.  One day at a time.

About the Author
Hello, I am a 59 year old female, name Terrie, still growing up. I have moderate COPD. I am an oxygen patient, currently not in need of the 24/7 or night time oxygen. Thanks to all the great support and education I got here on EX. My original quit date was 07/06/15 on day 519 I relapsed and started over in less than 24 hours. I want to go to the great beyond being a former smoker and I shall! COPD is not choosy! and not pretty! May 1rst, 2017 I am using Dale's suggestion to put off a cigarette each time and I am down from 50 to 20. I am looking forward to my old(7-6-2015)/new quit date 7-6-2017 May 4th, 2017 I started with Marlboro reds. Nicotine is a very assinine addiction. Once addicted I found I would smoke any of it including the little cigar/cigarettes, and it's still true since I threw away my quit and stopped being true to myself. I will smoke ANYTHING with nicotine in it to get the fix. I hate smoking! I am not having a problem stopping it's staying stopped, that I am not doing! I do not buy anything but regular tobacco but if caught without it I will do anything except vape to get the fix. UPDATE POSTED 04/24/2018: Getting ready to set a quit date and begin again :)