cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

20 days.

dahliasmith
0 8 15
I have not had a single puff of a cigarette in 20 days. And it's nice. It no longer bothers me to see someone on tv smoking one now. Now I need to toss the nicotine gum. I was hoping I'd beat that part too, but didn't.. so I decided I would quit the gum before the end of this month..and I'm going to.
8 Comments
lvirnwrkr

Yep,gotta get rid of that nicotine gum.Just prolonging the agony.You don't need it anyhow.Enjoy the quit.

promise_judy

Dahlia,

Good to hear from you and I am glad you are doing so well in your quit. You have to decide what to do about the gum because as long as you have chew it you do get some nicotine in your system. Hang in there--you are doing just great.

XOXO

YoungAtHeart

You might try the tracking and separation exercises with the gum, just as you did with the cigarettes. You have probably made great strides in overcoming the "association" cigarettes.   You have the physical addiction to get over now.  You will have withdrawal symptoms - but they shouldn't last more than three days or so.

It IS important to ditch the gum - you don't want to remain addicted to that!

Nancy

GreenThumb3

Good job keep it up

helenb208

Hi, my sister has been on the gum for 8 years, the doctor said that he would rather have her on the gum and not smoke, so go off as soon as you can.

candylance

Dahlia, I'm sooo proud of you!! You're in the Double Digit Club! I agree with your plan to ditch the gum at the end of the month. You're doing GREAT!!

Candy     d170

murali

Dahlia, congratulations on your 20 days of freedom. If you can stop smoking, there is nothing in this world that is impossible for you!

Keep going to re-discover yourself.

Wish you all the very best in life.

murali

Dahlia, just to add-on - get rid of nicotine gum as quickly as possible. In fact you can do it from today or tomorrow as tomorrow is 01st March.

You are already strong enough and word impossible is not in your dicttionary any more.