cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

2 weeks and going strong!

jimmyk86
0 12 179

Well look how far I have come! I finally made it to the two week mark! I am now on day 15! I never thought that I would be able to do this on my own with out patches or gum. Well I guess I can't say that I done it on my own. Everyone here has been such a tremondous help to me. Your replys to my blogs on here made me feel like I was doing somthing good not just for myself but for everyone else too.

It makes me smile thinking that people I don't know are proud of what I have done. Thanks to everyone so much.

Your friend,

James

And remember, "It feels good to be a quitter."

12 Comments
suzyq4

Way to go!!! I'm also on Day 15 and still hangin' in there. Last few days were rough but everyone here came to my rescue and supported me thru it all. Today is WAY better! Keep it up, fellow turkey!!

steelersgirlamy

Congrats on 15 days smoke free! Day 9 for me and I totally agree that this site and everyone on here has helped more than I could have imagined. I also went cold turkey and have some intense cravings at times, but you just gotta push through them. Have a great day!

Breakinchains

Congrats on 2 weeks smoke free! It is remarkable how much support you can find here, from, like you say, people you  don't really know. But I think the thing that works here is we all have the quit in common. We all know what you are going through because we are doing it ourselves. There is strength in  numbers. Speaking for myself, it makes me feel good if I know I've tried to help someone quit this life-threatening habit. I've been quit for almost a year, I know how tough it is. So again congratulations and keep up the good work!

travelingman.rick

I am at 12 days here so not too far behind you, just wanted to say congrats. I am looking forward to two weeks as well, it is a good milestone, just keep strong and when you are having a rough patch come here. It keeps me grounded when I read other peoples posts and like you if feels great knowing that others are watching me and feel proud of what we are all accomplishing. Keep it up!

james41

Thanks for your insightful blog.

James

budman12

Awesome James!, You're doin it , man! Great job. Sounds like you've got the right mindset for this quit. Keep at it dude.

lizzyinamerica

James that is brilliant!!  I am on day 15 today too and I'm really proud of myself, and all of us.  Keep it up!

tleah

That's great. 15 days. I can't wait to be able to post i've made it over 2 weeks. We can do this. We can stop, for good. I agree, this site does make you feel like you have people pulling for you, wanting you to succeed, but, we don't even know each other! Maybe that's why it works so well!

neat21613

AWESOME JAMES! IM ON DAY 37 ITS BECOMIN EASY AND EASY EVERYDAY FOR ME, AND I KNOW IT WILL FOR YOU TOO.. JUST KEEP YOUR MIND ON STAYIN HEALTHY.

neat21613

AWESOME JAMES! IM ON DAY 37 ITS BECOMIN EASY AND EASY EVERYDAY FOR ME, AND I KNOW IT WILL FOR YOU TOO.. JUST KEEP YOUR MIND ON STAYIN HEALTHY.

jimmyk86

Thanks everyone. Your support means sooooo much to me.
                                                 Keep The Quit!

P.S.    HOLY CRAP I GOT A FEATURED BLOG POST!

lesface

Good job! Day 10 cold turkey over here, I know for sure I couldn't have gotten this far without this website 🙂 Way to go, AND you're featured 🙂