cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

2 weeks and going strong!

dalichild
0 5 26

I was at my sisters house tonight and she like the loving wonderful sister she is made everyone go outside to smoke so I didnt have to be around it!  I did look at her pack once and thought about asking for one, but the thought was more out of habit and less out of need.  Right away I was like "what are you thinking?"  I am finding it easier and easier to be around people who smoke as long as I am not cooped up in a room with them.  I am not sure how I can handle that but hey, I will work my way up to that.  I have a group of friends who would get together every saturday night and have coffee and chain smoke and catch up about what has been going on through the week.  It is a blast and I havent been for a couple of weeks because I am not ready to test my quit in that environment yet.  I am hoping by the end of the month I will be able to do it.  I very rarely have the desire for a cigarette and when I do it isnt so much of a " I want to rip someones face off" kind of craving, it is more of a nagging "left the coffee pot on"  or "bought an insanely heavy watch that feels funny on my arm" kind of sensation. 

My sister did slip up and ask me if I wanted to get out of the pool with her to smoke and I could only stare at her blankly.  I think she took it as "how dare you ask me to smoke when you know I have quit"  but it was more of a "but i dont....??? Hey! I dont smoke!"  It was an odd realization.  Kind of like when I borrowed a 5 bucks from my mom for gas a couple of days ago and she said I could as long as I didnt buy cigarettes with it.  My kneejerk response was "oh god no!" and I meant it.  It hadnt even crossed my mind!

Things are just good I guess.  I am kind of suprised how easy it feels to be a non smoker (at least right now)  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

5 Comments