cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

2,557 Days No Smoke-1

Rick_M
2 24 186

7 years ago today I woke up grabbed some coffee and headed out with my dogs and did NOT light up a cig something I did every morning for close to 37 years. After two winters of fighting off bronchitis it was time to quit something I was going to do at 30 then at 40 then at 50. Now at 55 Doc said my lungs were burned up and I might as well plan on fitting in an oxygen tank into my wardrobe before I turned 60. He had a way of getting under my skin. One of the reasons I quit was shut him up. Quitting is not losing your best friend it is you getting your life back from an addiction that is slowly sucking your life away.  Stay with your quit, it is not the other person who is going to suffer some smoking related illness, it will eventually be you, count on it. The best thing about quitting is I just don't have to do it no more and it just gets better........

24 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

YAY!

Congratulations Rick!

And thanks for all your help and encouragement to so many, most of which is behind the scenes.

smorgy8513

Yea Rick.......And I 2nd what Dale says.....you are such a support and help to many!!!!

Celebrate!

Sharon

ShawnP

Wow, i never realized that  we share almost the same reason to quit. Now our doctors don't have to be on our backs any longer and its nice now to not get sick as often as we used to. Thanks for always being here for me, my friend!!! Congratulations on 7 years today!! I take it, there will be a family celebration later? 🙂

MarilynH

Congratulations on your awesome 7 precious yrs of freedom and counting WTG Rick. I absolutely Ditto everything that is said above me ,plus I high fived and liked everything above me. EXcellent blog for an EXtremely EXcellent gentleman and life does keep getting better and better without the crutch of cigarettes. ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

YoungAtHeart

This calls for firewworks!

and a parade!

and balloons!

and CHOCOLATE CAKE!

and

Kudos!

Nancy

kristen-9-7-15

HOLEY Moley Rick! That's AWESOME! Congrats!!

froguelady

Congratulations Rick, I quit because I was tired of fighting one infection after another. Of course my Dr is thrilled.

Have a great day and celebrate, jump for joy, shout out "I;m quit!!!!

johio

That is amazing...congratulations

elvan

Congratulations on 7 years!!!! Love the fact that your doctor got "under your skin" and so glad that you didn't have to add that oxygen tank to your wardrobe.  Great job.

TerrieQuit

Great job on 7 years, Rick! Congratulations! Thanks for hanging around here to share your wisdom with us newer folk! You are awesome!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

TerrieQuit

Stac2

Rick,  a huge congratulations on 7 years!  Wow!  Thank you for leading me and so many others on here to freedom my friend.  I owe a lot to you and am blessed to have you as my friend.  Celebrate your 7 years my friend.  You deserve it!  WOOO HOOOOOO!

XO,

Stac

Magstoyou

WOW- Congratulations Rick on 7 years!!

Way to Go!!

Mag

cpsono

HUGE congrats Rick and thank you for sharing your journey!    

Giulia

Have you thanked that doctor lately?  You oughtta send him a love letter.

You hit home with that remark "it was time to quit something I was going to do at 30 then at 40 then at 50"   How many times have we said that to ourselves over the many, MANY years of smoking:  "I should quit." 

I'm so glad you did.  You're so full of life, Rickie.  And now you're getting more of it!  And so we get to have more of YOU!  Which ain't a bad thang aht awl!  Cheers laddie!

Dakota_Posse

This calls for a HUGE celebration....how about we meet in Vegas and party???? LOL!  I'll buy you a drink on the High Rollers Ferris Wheel!!!!  

You've helped so many Rickie...including me.  You are a dear, dear friend!!

Love Ya!

Cindy/Dakota Posse

Brenda_M

Congratulations on 7 YEARS!!! That's amazing!

Rick_M

Again Thanks to alll. I would have never made it without EX and I love ballons Nancy, Cindy ya got a deal and Giulia I did......

Thomas3.20.2010

Way to Go, Rick!

Congratulations on 7 EXciting Years Smoke FREE!

I hope your Day was Super Special!

Chris265

Congrats to you.  7 Yeas is impressive!

Jennifer-Quit

Luv you Rick!  Big congrats to you and thanks for all you do here at EX!  Truly appreciated!

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Congratulations!!!
Bee_Jay

Way to go ,Rick! Congratulations!

Rick_M

Thanks to all for the support......on to year 8....