cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

1st day

shylinn
0 7 36

Not sure about writing.  Today is my first day, unsure of .... everything  I know i have to quit, financial and medical.  I don't believe anything till it happens usually by then it's too late. Don't think I can do that and try to quit. I know one person that I see on a regular basis that does not smoke and I can't put all this on her so any help will be appreciated  

7 Comments
JACKIE1-25-15

Shylinn

Glad to know that you are taking steps to be smoke-free.  tYou have come to the right place if you are willing to commit to quitting smoking. This is all about you and what you are willing to do to be a nonsmoker.

Education is the key to success even in quitting smoking

You may already have some of this information but here are few pointers to help you get started on your journey. 

1.  At EX our resolve is to never smoke again.  NOPE “Not one puff ever I suggest that you follow the steps on the website pages along with reading, writing, studying, researching and blogging if you like.

2. Here is a link to Allen Carr’s book, “Easy Way to Quit Smoking”. an easy read suggested by the “Elders” (those with 1+ yrs. quit).

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

3.  Also check out www.whyquit.com. For additional info.  Look for Freedom from Nicotine My Journey Home and Nicotine Addiction 101               

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksAAddiction.html

http://whyquit.com/ffn/

4.  Stay close to the site, learn, and ask questions

5.  If you should need something to do for craves, here is a link that will help until you develop your own.   https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/JACKIE1-25-15-blog/2015/07/09/what-is-your-crave-buster

If you take the time to do the work you will have success. Read, Study, Blog, Research Comment, Make friends, Hang Tough, Stay Close and most of all enjoy your commitment to quit smoking.

We are here to support you.

xsaffron

Know you can if you choose to and hang on to your quit for the ride is just starting. It is worth it though and you will be better and stonger mentally, physically, and emotionally if you stick with it. Even after 2 months I am still tempted, but I just remind myself, I don't do that anymore. We got this 1 day or 1 year, it is in your mind. Stay strong, it does get easier. 

jennifer2500

Congratulation Shylinn!!!!!

MarilynH

Welcome, you have made the best decision for you, your health, family and even your wallet, read the links above me and read everything you can about quitting smoking and remaining quit because there's a wealth of information here to help you, be willing, determined and totally committed to succeed and you can and will be successful, one day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time or if need be one second at a time. 

shashort

Welcome to the community. Congratulations on decision to quit smoking. Listen to the elders and do the suggested reading and educate as much as you can.  Read peoples blogs it really helped inspire and encourage me to see that so many people have been quit and that I wasn't alone.  I am fairly new 3 weeks into my quit.  It is doable.  No worries on writing I was not too sure either how I felt about that but your blogs can be anything you want them to be, to holler for help, or even just say how your day is.  The support here is wonderful and you came to a great place.  Good luck!! When quit begins stay strong. 

Cindy210

Write about EVERYTHING!!!!  The support on this sight covers all areas of life!  Thinking about a cig? WRITE.  Feeling overwhelmed???? WRITE!  Wondering how to deal with a situation? WRITE!  

The support on this sight is wide and varied.  There are people from all walks of life and experiences here to encourage, advise and share.  Take advantage!  

WRITE!!!

elvan

Congratulations on your decision to quit, congratulations on finding EX, this community will be your best friend.  You can come here at any time of day and no matter what you are feeling or experiencing, there will be someone here who has either been there or IS there.  There is always someone here to "talk" to.  

Blog as much as you can and READ, do ALL of the reading and then read it again, have a tool kit for what you are going to do instead of smoking.  Always know that you can do that and that it is not a battle, it is a journey.  No crave ever killed a person, no one can say that about smoking.

Welcome, 

Ellen