cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

1st Day in NML

Mandolinrain
0 5 4

Had bad nights sleep, tossed and turned...craved smokes, ugh...simply horrible. I hope this NML stuff is not an everyday event. I feel fine now, just tired from lack of sleep. I want to go run but we are still having all these bad t-storms that seem to be hanging around. I think I ill go run through the house,lol.

Seriously though, this site is a Godsend for me. I can't say I not afraid of whats ahead with NML, but I also dont want to talk myself into failure. I am my own worst enemy at that. I would like to hear more from others who have already gone through NML...so if your one of them please share. Thanks to all of you on this site...I am holding my quit for yet another day and while it is not always comfortable...it is doable right now...cause thats all I have...is this moment. I never want to go through this again ~Missy

5 Comments
newlife5

it sounds like yo have a bit of anxiety... its no wonder they scare the crap out of us regarding NML... actually it isnt any different fromanyother time,, except that you forgt that you are still quitting and when the nicodemon whispersin your ear your guard is down...alot of people lose their quits during thistime cause they start thinking they got it beat  one wont hurt...well i know from past experience  one does hurt...the law of addiction is real... one will lead to another and another until you are hooked all over again and crying cause you lost your quit

SarahP

NML is just part of the journey, it's not something to fear, once you understand it. And the only way out of it is to keep going straight ahead!  So take some deep breaths and never ever forget the big picture. 

Go to my page, my blog history, and you'll find the 9 or so blogs we rotate each wednesday about NML. The one called "Good Grief" might be especially helpful to you right now. 

You're doing great, keep going!! 

ShawnP

There was a NML when I quit but I really didn't go through it. I just treated each day as a new day. I think sometimes we think we are going into this place and get more anxious about it. My opinon though. Stay close to this site! We are a lifeline here 🙂 You will do just fine 🙂

joyeuxencore

CONGRATS on 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xo

I was really worried but because I read  those Wednesday NML blogs and read all the links about it...I don't know it didn't seem hard at all...sure I got some monster cravings that came out of the blue but I actually got excited by them like a little kid..

."OMG an NML crave whoo hoo!!! and I would say out loud really goofy things like "kick that sucker to the curb...I am doing jumping jacks right now...you got nothin' on me I am getting to that 130 day challenge!!!!"

Mind you I live alone so no one had to see this!!! When it happened at work I just closed my office door, cranked up the music and did the same….usually made myself laugh in the process…it is all about perspective…

Be PREPARED not SURPRISED…was my mantra…Not to worry! xo

joyeuxencore

About the Author
Smoking is not an option for me. I no longer have a wishbone to quit smoking...I developed a backbone and I quit. When you're sick and tired of being sick and tired, you will quit smoking too.