cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

19 hours

janese
0 7 13
Well day (won) again. This time I feel I have a better understanding to be comfortable in my quit. Reread Allan Carrs book again along with others on why quit site I was expecting to change to quickly and needing to have a better mindset of positive thoughts to defeat this addiction. Now I'm not hoping or wishing, now I have to be a do'er instead. Today hasn't been that bad with cravings we'll see what tommorow brings but I will worry about that tommorrow though.
7 Comments
ninepatch

Make a promise to yourself to not smoke just for that day.  You CAN do this! NOPE!

JACKIE1-25-15

Stay closer to the site.  Keep it simple.  1) Make up in your mind that no matter what you are not going to smoke.  2) That smoking is not an option and 3) you will not take one puff ever.

TerrieQuit

Hi! I am a member of a daily pledge group on this site. I show up every morning and pledge/promise not to smoke for the next 24 hours. Might be something you want to try. You can find it under groups or you can go on my page and click it there! Hang in there! You can do this!

Terrie

caseykat

Hi Janese!  

Huh!  We had to have quit w/in HOURS of each other.  I had my last one Sept. 1 at 11:30 EST.  (Technically, I quit on 8/31, went about 18 hrs, then intentionally smoked again, while I read Allen Carr's book, which in a weird way, made my "restart" helpful...But ONLY b/c I wasn't that far into it.)

So, As I'm writing this, I'm 21 hrs.  So we're in it together!  Member Puffthemagicdragon is also within a day of us.

Keep that positive mindset.  We will worry about tomorrow when it comes.  Just get through today! 🙂

YoungAtHeart

Each day you get through is cause for celebration!  Those days become weeks and those turn into months and those into years - and pretty soon ALL the benefits of being an ex-smoker will be yours.

This takes some effort to distract yourself in the early days, but I promise you it is worth every bit of it!!!

Nancy

lois2

hang in there, you will get stronger each day. congrats.

Cindy210

You can do this!!!  You are stronger than the nicotine monster that wants control of your life.  You can beat him!!!  You can banish him from your life!  Peppermint discs helped me a lot the first few days.  Also, listening to the hypnosis programs on Utube.  And the EFT (tapping) videos on Utube helped on more than one occassion to redirect my thinking from "have a smoke" to "not one puff ever".  Look, read, listen, use the pieces and parts that make sense to you!