cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

180 beautiful smoke free days

linda.mustafa
0 17 65

I hope everyone is well and in good spirits!

I am off to bed in a minute but I thought I'll write a short blog prior to sleeping.

I found the EX site nearly a month into my quit, I didn't prepare beforehand , my quit was spontaneous , I did not read anything about it beforehand , I went straight into it!

Good thing I found my EXFamily because I am not sure I would have been where I am today-maybe I would have been but sharing my journey with all of you makes it that bit more special, because we , each one of us are special individuals in a special family!

It hasn't been easy, it's a work in progress, every day is a new learning day for me.

I am still not very mentally strong as I am physically , the mental side of quitting proves difficult at times , however every day with new experiences I'm learning to cope better, something I haven't done since I was a teenager!

Tomorrow  I have a very important meeting and I've been stressed all day long,but I'm sure I will be fine-as I said work in progress 🙂

The more complex lung function test gave excellent results apparently , the nurse is adamant that I haven't got any issues with my lungs that can affect my breathing so now it's next to the CT of the heart on the 13th and if that comes back normal then I will know for sure that its not physical !

I never thought that I've bottled up so much during the past and now it's taking all I've got to deal with issues in a manner that they were always supposed to be dealt with , without smoke in front of my eyes and a clear mind-I am learning to walk again, proud and not hidden away!

To all of you, I wish you all the best and to the new members in particular please stay willing and determined , it's not easy but you will learn so much about yourself and that is so worthwhile !

Linda 180 DOF

17 Comments
Stac2

Congratulations Linda on 180 days of freedom.  So very proud of you.  That is a great quit you have going!  Keep up the wonderful, beautiful quit!  You my friend are doing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

linda.mustafa

@Stac, thank you so much for your lovely comment and I hope you're feeling better :)Xx

JonesCarpeDiem

Very good on the ung function test!

Congratulations on 6 months!!

Jennifer-Quit

Linda - You have so very much to be proud of!  You are about a month ahead of me and yes, I agree the mental and/or emotional part of this addiction is hard to get over - but my dear, we are doing it!  Congratulations on 180 days! 

Strudel

Linda - Way to Go! Congrats on 180 days!! 

MarilynH

Congratulations on 180 days

SkyGirl

Congratulations., Linda!  You sound strong!

xxxooo,  Sky

YoungAtHeart

180 days is AWESOME!  YOU are awesome!

It is amazing what we learn about ourselves when we come out from behind that cloud of smoke. When we didn't want to deal with something, we just excused ourselves and smoked.   Now we are out from behind that cloud and rediscovering who we REALLY are and dealing, sometimes for the first time, with feelings and emotions.  It is quite an eye opener!

It's all part of the journey you are taking to freedom.  Isn't it wonderful?

Nancy

freeneasy

Congratulations Linda!  I know what you mean about not being well prepared-my quit was spontaneous also. I found this site a week or two later-I did find another site 1st that was quite helpful. In a sense  spontaneous had an advantage though-I took myself by surprise! Give yourself credit -You are doing quite well on the mental side with 180 days. You should be proud of yourself!

sparky26

Good New on the lung test , hope the next test shows no problems either, but gives you some answers so you can start to deal with it . Maybe you have anxiety , my friend had that , she would have trouble breathing and pain in the chest .  We well keep you in our thoughts

.  180 days ,  N.O.P.E.  !

annb
I am SO happy and proud for you my friend. You have done an amazing job right from the start. Wish I could be celebrating along with you as would've been the case if I hadn't fumbled the ball. But, YOU have been a shining light to guide me back and I'm proud to continue the journey with you. So glad your lung test was so good! Wonderful news! Keep leading the way for us into Forever Freedom!!! oxoxox
zackie09_51214

I am so happy to hear you're doing good. 180 days is no laughing joke. That's something you can hang your hat on!!!

Zackie141 days

karen230

Fantastic Linda!  180 days, 6 months - that is half a year! I'm right behind you and will arrive at that milestone in a week or so! Boy am I proud to be in such good company! I'm glad your lung function test went well. Keep us posted on the heart check up.

Have a fantastic day! 

linda258

Fantastic.... keep walking one day at a time.

Ms.J_11-10-2013

What a wonderful number you are celebrating, fantastic!  And might I say you look good without that cloud of smoke around you...I hope you do something really nice for yourself today and great news on the lung function test!  Step back in time 180 days ago, now look at where you are today. Only thing I can think of is "AWESOME"

xoxo

Jackie

325 DOF

linda.mustafa
Thank you so much my dear friends for your lovely comments , your well wishing and encouragement means a lot to me. The meeting went really well-another thing accomplished smoke free 🙂
laurie85

180 days, how wonderful. Truly something to be proud of. Keep on keeping on. Have a great day.