cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

17 days of freedom! And new shoes!

RikkiJean
4 11 134

My new running shoes!!!My new running shoes!!!This weekend, I decided to reward myself!  Behold, my beautiful Brooks Ghost 14s. ❤️ Don't worry, they haven't been used yet, so they're ok sitting on the counter. 😉 

I visited a local running store where they recorded my gait, measured my feet (my left foot is smaller than my right...I never knew) and my arch height, and fit me with a perfect pair of shoes that will take me far.  I'm going to take them out today for their inaugural run.  I found a beginner running plan online, and in 7 weeks, I SHOULD be ready for a 5k race. 😄 As long as my 44 year old body does not betray me.  

It just dawned on me that I'll be ready for a 5k race at the same time that I finish the 10-week program with the patch.  What a lovely coincidence. Patch-free, nicotine-free and running free. I like it. 

As addicts, we've got to replace our former bad health practice with a good health practice.  I was an avid runner in my late 20s-early 30s, and I am so STOKED to bring running back into my life.  

Hope everyone has a great day and week!  Keep moving forward! 

11 Comments
About the Author
Hello everyone. :) I enjoy hiking, camping, photography, reading, volunteering, cooking, spending time with friends, good conversations. I have no kids, but I have a sweet little cat. Happy to be here and happy to have support on my quitting journey.