cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

15 days out NML

Magstoyou
0 10 32

I am on 145 days and 6 months is my next goal.

This is my story

Sleeping has been a lot better. I have always believed in getting as much sleep and rest as you can when quitting smoking.

The more sleep you get the less stressed out you are and I think that has helped me with craves. I have tryed to stay as relaxed as I can and do relaxing things and I think also you have less craves. You really need to take care of yourself.

At 145 days I have very few cravings. The smoke memories are there more because it is my first holidays smoke free. So far so good, no bad cravings. With the smoke memories I have to tell my self, I don't smoke any more. I'm a non smoker. Kick it to the curb. Don't intertain it and don't let it intertain you.  The biggest smoke memory I have on a regular basis right now is when I get in my car after work at the end of the day. I  have even flipped my ash tray down. I just laugh now and play a CD. I am 30 minutes away from town when i am at home, so if I have a crave, I would be over my crave by the time I got to town.  Other things I say to myself, You just can't have one, they come in packs. N.O.P.E.!!! I do the breathing exercises during the day just to relax. I do it every day craves or not. I know I have to still be prepared for the sneaky ones. I am so thankful for this site and all the ones on here who have helped me thru and all the blogs of the elders and the newbe's I know I would'nt be almost at 6 months if it wasn't for you. I learn something new every day!!  

So for all you who are just starting and in NML, It does get better, keep going forward, one day at a time!!

Best wishes for a great quit!!!

Mag

10 Comments
jocj88

Congrats!!  Such a huge accomplishment!

JRC

Congratulations on day 145 of your journey!!! I can't tell you how much it helps to read posts like yours. Thanks.  Janet

moody_9-18-13

WHOO WHOO, MAGS!

I am so proud of you and you are an inspiration!

wishingstar

Amazing and awesome all in one . proud of you

sharon110

Wonderful!!!! good job... 

LouiseR
Thanks for sharing. Great job on 145 days!
edsel1964

Good job Mags!!!Keep up the good work!!!!

marilyn_marmac

I'm Late, I'm Late
for a very important date,
No time to say hello, goodbye,
I'm late, I'm late, I'm late
and when I wave,
I lose the time I save.

Happy 145 + 4  Mags!  So happy for you. Keep going with your wonderful self!

batmom

Hi Maggie!  I  don't know what MNL stands for, but I am still very proud of you!  I just found out, when I logged onto this site, that my number is 105 days, since I quit.  Like you, I don't have many craves now, but still have a few, now and then.  But they are not overwhelming, and I do the same thing you do, I do NOT keep them around.  I have managed to NOT buy another pack, and that has been a real key for me.  For those who want to quit, you have to stop buying them, and not have them handy anymore.  I know it seems like a real stretch, but you can do it!  As long as you keep them around, even in your car, it is likely that you will go get them.  It is mind over matter, and you can do this.  
This site has really helped me too.  I don't get a lot of support otherwise, so it has been important for me to have you guys, hang in there and share with us how you feel.  
There are a lot of us, and we are all in this together.  Good luck to everyone!

batmom

Hi Maggie, and looks like we are still in this together, ALL OF US.  This is just January 2nd, so we are at the real beginning of a bran New Year.  Congratulations to YOU for being so strong, and supporting to the rest of us.  At this point, it is time for me to begin the battle of the Buldge.  I am not looking forward to changing my life style, but that is what is necessary.  (Just like it is,when you begin your Quit.)  I know it can be done, and I know it will be the Second Best Thing I have done in my lifetime.  (The First is getting smoking out of my life.)  And it will also be tough.  I very much feel for the rest of you that have gained more than you are comfortable with.  I think there may be a lot of us.  All of the suggestions are good, but really did not work for me.  Your feelings are really common, and that is why so many of us can relate to your blogs and comments, Maggie.  I know you have helped hundreds (thousands?) of Ex Smokers, and I am one of them!  Thank YOU.

About the Author
I am a 69 year old Wife, Mom and Grandma of 9 Grandchildren. I retired last February and have Enjoyed it. I live in Central California and love the beach and all the nature around us.Looking forward to traveling and not having to come home and going back to work or be home at a certain time.