cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

133 days and counting

Augustus44
3 7 100

Christmas went well. I didn't think about smoking for the entire time I was at my sister's home. Then, as I was preparing to leave for NH, the NIC Devil started working on me. I came close to succumbing, not so much because I needed a cig. Smoking became catching up with a friend--that's the danger for me always. I don't really care about cigs, but I do miss the enjoyment of smoking--what I forget is that smoking was only enjoyable rarely. Most of the cigs I smoked were not pleasurable--they were needed to satisfy the routine I'd gotten into. 

I made it 'till today, and will make it tonight. I saw a guy leaning against his car, in the pouring rain, dragging on a butt. That was me not too long ago. I felt sorry for him. 

Happy New Year to each of you, and thank you for being there.133 days and moving on.

7 Comments
About the Author
I am a writer, actually a playwright, who is oddly enough, converting one of my plays into a novel. I love to play the guitar and I am part of a group ( The Pine Hill Boys). I'm also an avid golfer, fly fisherman, and cross country skier. I have two Master's Degrees--one in American Studies, and the other in Administration/Supervision. I was in education for many years. I'm still an adjunct ( for fun) at a community college. Love it.