cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

13 days to quit

andreakay
0 7 72

I am having a really emotional day today and even so have only had three cigarettes so far.

Which is quite astounding to me because I feel like my heart was ripped out of my chest. Normally, that would send me on a self destruct mission and partake in my suicide on the installment plan.

Today, I just really don't even give a shit. About anything. I know that this has a lot to do with the addiction. But getting through it is a little "ify" for me right at this moment.

Ugh, I gotta go find my Bible and try to get out of this funk so that I can take on my quitting quest with the same bravado I had yesterday.

I don't know if I will be back on today or not, probably so, because I tend to live here now..

Have a wonderful day and CONGRATULATIONS to everyone celebrating mile stones, no matter how great or small...

7 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Hey!

Don't cut down to less than five cigarettes in a day.  Doing so keeps you in constant withdrawal.  That might explain today's attitude!  If you get down that far, it's time to just quit.  Double up your efforts to get ready.  It sounds like your quit date might be sooner than you planned.  Cutting back is simply to prove to yourself that you don't HAVE to smoke every time you want to smoke.

Nancy

LouiseR

Its ok and normal to have an off day.  Non smokers do too!!  Maybe try and go for a brisk walk or put some good music on and shake your booty!!  Keep a list of why you are quitting smoking and add to it daily.  You will be able to breath better, you won't smell, you will have more money, smoking won't control you anymore, etc. 

Keep coming here and read, read, read.  We are all here to help you!

andreakay

Thank you, both of you.. Hanging on!!

stadtlerj

Wow, what a difference a day makes from " Ms I can do anything" to Ms not so sure.

Well I am sure and I know you can do this, to me it was easier quitting than trying to cut down my smoking and I smoked for many years so you'll be fine, you will.

Connie55

Try to remember to keep it all in perspective. Challenges will come your way whether you smoke or not. Challenges will also resolve themselves whether you smoke or not too! The world goes on regardless or whether you choose to smoke or not. So when challenges hit you after your quit date, you might as well choose not to smoke because smoking will not help or change anything for the better. 

sparky26

​Are you stressing out , to see how fast your quit day is coming ? I know all the experts  say to set a date...for me I it was hard to go that way , I planed as best I could had a sorta date set ,but quit earlier , I told myself o.k. this is the last pack ...saved one to have before bed and that was that Hope the day got better.

Raven12

I always tell myself that this too shall pass.  I know that I will most likely be a nervous wreck closer to my quit date so I wish you all the best.  Everytime I think I need to smoke I will ask myself if it's need or want.  Sometimes it's both I guess.  The most positive thing for me to do in these very early stages is to come to this wonderful site and read, read, read.  I have probably spent more time in front of this screen in the past couple of days then in the last couple of years.  Good luck to you and stay well.