cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

126 days - NML

sukey89
0 14 181

I am happy to say my quit clock says 126 days since I quit, and I have managed to hang on and hang in. 

At the same time I feel like I have been wandering in the wilderness of no man's land these past days and weeks, wanting 'that thing' that smoking used to do for me and thinking more often of smoking.

I have given my notice in my job of 13 years, needing to make a break from the current environment and start something new. It is an uncertain time. I am not leaving for my dream job, I am leaving for something I can do for awhile while I sort things out. It is hard to explain after all this time, all I can say is I was not happy and it was causing issues and it's time.

So I'm hanging in there but having a rough time, it will probably not get easier in the short term.

One thing I have been hanging onto during this time is that I quit smoking and feel good about that accomplishment. I won't smoke and I'll stay quit. I know smoking won't make anything better, but it will make things worse.

Thanks for listening - hang in there everyone!

14 Comments
TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 126 days! You are doing great! Good luck on the career change. Hang in there! I have been told that things should get better around day 130?! Don't know cuz I'm not even close yet!

Terrie  6  weeks  of  freedom

JonesCarpeDiem

Good For You!

Give it some more time. It doesn't magically change if you are hanging onto it. Visualize letting go instead of hanging on. 🙂

MarilynH

Congratulations on your 126 precious smoke free days and counting WTG. 

elvan

Congratulations on 126 days, you are about to leave NML,  you are doing a great job staying quit.  Times of uncertainty make us think of how we dealt with them in the past but we know better now.  If this job wasn't making you happy, it sounds like you are taking a very positive step, one you might not haven able to take had you kept smoking!  Good for you!

djmurray

I join the folks congratulating you on your 126 days!  The hardest part is really over and if you're like me you will find that after about day 140 or so you will think less and less of smoking..  It's scary to move out of our comfort zones, but life is like that -- it sometimes pulls us out of our comfort zones and brings us wonderful surprises!!

YoungAtHeart

Just keep thinking, "Wouldn't I rather be an ex-smoker who thinks about smoking every once in awhile than a smoker who thinks about quitting ALL the time?"

That's it in a nutshell!

lois2

congrats on 126 days you hang on to you quit doing great.

jjbob

Congrats on 126 smoke free days!! John

bonniebee

Congrats on 126 days andcounting ! When I reached the end of NML I realized there is no magical change that takes place on day 131 !  I knew there wouldn't be but I was hoping !

I had to just take some deep breaths and continue on doing what I had been doing to keep my quit intact . Whatever has gotten you to 126 days just keep on Keepin' on ! After NML it very gradually got better and better it is a process of relearning how to live without that cigarette and the nicotine. I have more and more days that are easy and less hard ones .

My advice to you is talk down the voice inside that starts romancing the ole days with Nic the sickerette ! Do not listen immediately change your thoughts .....NOPE... I don't do that anymore....whatever positive thoughts you have bring them to bear as soon as the addict in you rises up ! 

I am on day 190 today ,count down to 200 days in progress !  Our quitsare a work in progress !

bonniebee

Congrats on 126 days andcounting ! When I reached the end of NML I realized there is no magical change that takes place on day 131 !  I knew there wouldn't be but I was hoping !

I had to just take some deep breaths and continue on doing what I had been doing to keep my quit intact . Whatever has gotten you to 126 days just keep on Keepin' on ! After NML it very gradually got better and better it is a process of relearning how to live without that cigarette and the nicotine. I have more and more days that are easy and less hard ones .

My advice to you is talk down the voice inside that starts romancing the ole days with Nic the sickerette ! Do not listen immediately change your thoughts .....NOPE... I don't do that anymore....whatever positive thoughts you have bring them to bear as soon as the addict in you rises up ! 

I am on day 190 today ,count down to 200 days in progress !  Our quitsare a work in progress !

bonniebee

bonniebee

bonniebee

I am on day 190 today ,count down to 200 days in progress !  Our quits are a work in progress !

sukey89

Thanks you guys for your great support! 🙂