cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

120th day....The Monster

tomk654
0 8 112

It's my 120th day since I have had one puff...I don't think I'll really ever "forget" about smoking...but I will say this...everyday that goes by it gets a little easier...This weekend I was out with a neighbor at a local watering hole, for the Faber/Aldo MMA fight...everyone was smoking and I truly felt sorry for them...you see I know EXACTLY what they are doing....FEEDING THE MONSTER....I smoked for 35 years and the last 3 or 4 years I smoked I never enjoyed 1 puff...I needed to smoke to feed my addiction...I needed to smoke so my skin wouldn't crawl...I needed to smoke so my hair wouldn't tingle..I needed to smoke so my insides wouldn't get all churned up....I NEEDED to smoke to LIVE...I needed to smoke to feel NORMAL.....Wow..."Normal"...thats a reality only a smoker can tell you about....Smoking is a Monster that needs to be feed...we give it everything and every benefit of the doubt...Man it's a powerful Monster...we will walk outside in freezing cold weather to feed it....we will run thru airports and miss planes to feed it...we will plan our social schedule around when and how it needs to eat....we plan our trips around it...we do everything for smoking and IT'S A MONSTER...I am so grateful and thankful that I don't have to feed the monster anymore...Stay strong you New -exers...DON'T feed the Monster...You can do it.....

8 Comments
onelasttime

YES I FED THE MONSTER MANY YEARS ALSO I AM HOPING HE HAS STARVED TO DEATH NOW!!!!

james41

Hey, Long time no see,,, congradulations!! I had 120 yesterday and Ive got to say I've never been happier ,, I too drug those bastards around for 36 years,, Can't believe it. You'll be renewed inspiration to me and many new folks as well .

Thanks

deders3750

You put a new light on the nicodemon and it is very enlighting!!!! Congrads to you, Can't wait till I can say the same!!! Thanks

nosmokegirl

Amen. I am looking forward to starving those monsters to death.  I feel them starting to tremble.  I am only on hours now but I just really dont want to smoke anymore. Thanks and congrats.

budman12

Right on the money, Tom!! My sentiments exactly. Good to hear from you again. Seems we don't get on here as often as we used to but we're still around behind the scenes so to speak. Awesome post.

Thomas3.20.2010

Great Slogan! Don't Feed the Monster!  Thank you for the great blog!  CONGRATULATIONS on 120!

Bonnie11.3.2009

120 Days is a miracle, isn't it?  Good for you, thanks for sharing!

Sootie

Tom---so good to hear from you again! Yes---it's fantastic isn't it? And it just gets better and better.