cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

120 Days!

djmurray
0 22 38

The big 4 months today!  It certainly has gone much more quickly than I would have imagined, and I certainly never planned to love being a nonsmoker this much!!   So I think I might talk about surprises tonight.  

I was surprised that:

all my fear about quitting was for nothing  

smelling smoke didn't attract me or make me want to smoke

when I moved calmly through a crave I didn't have that crave any more

the same is true for triggers

I feel so much better about myself

I have so many insights that I wouldn't have had behind the smokescreen

a supportive community is the best thing ever

and it doesn't surprise me, but I'm grateful that:

I can breathe so much better

I'm not wasting money on cigarettes

I smell so much better

my car isn't a pit

I never get distracted from what I'm doing by plotting when and where I can smoke

I have so much more time (okay, that's a little surprising) to do things

I have surprised so many others who've known me for a long time and are surprised that I'm really quitting

I have a new EX family!

Thank you all -- love to everyone and sweet dreams, my friends.

photo IMG_0066_zpsychtgnlw.jpg

22 Comments
elvan

You DO have a new EX family and you are so loved, my friend, so loved.  I honestly cannot believe it has ONLY been 120 days for you, it seems as though it has been much longer, like you started back when I did 466 days ago (had to look that up). I am so very happy to have you in my life, you are an amazing gift!

Love, Ellen

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations!

freeneasy

Amazing quititude! Congrats dj!

YoungAtHeart

Moooooooo - velous!

😉

Hopeful36

Fabulous! Huge congratulations and keep going wonderful lady!

bonniebee

You have rocked your quit Donna and are a great role model for me and the other newbies  ! Congrats and i love the ex family photo !!!!!

JACKIE1-25-15

Awesome Congratulations.  Well deserved congratulations. Speechless, Wonderful, Great, Amazing, You made it 120 days WOW

tjanddj

Congratulations! I'm so glad you love being a nonsmoker, so many positives being a non smoker!

sparky26

You are amazingly Donna , it all clicked in your head and you are able to articulate so much of what I feel or have felt , but I'm just not good with words . You always keep it up beat ,you are helping others I'm sure of that . Congratulations on  120  inspiring days !

linda258

I am very happy for you ... go celebrate!

meWisconsin

Excellent job. Congratulations on 120 days of freedom.

Terry

bethso

Congratulations!!!!  You have had such an amazing journey!  Keep up the great work and that positive attitude!!!

MarilynH

A splendiferous congrats on your wonderful 120 DOF and counting WTG my friend. ☺ 

Marilyn 

Iwannalife
Congrats .dj keep your quit on
Mike.n.Atlanta

Congratulations DJ! 120 days is a great start.

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

Strudel

Donna - You are such a great asset to this site! Don't go anywhere - please!! Congrats on your fabulous quit! 

Summer-Rain

CONGRATS!!!  You inspire me to continue on this journey.  Have a great day!!!

prjimm01

thank you for sharing and congratulations

Laura-12-14-14

You are a great inspiration on this site Donna and have become a really important part. You have so much enthusiasm and spirit!

Day 120 was the ah-ha moment for me. Congrats!

ihateit

Congratulations! This is such a special milestone for you, I hope you have an equally special day. Thank you for encouraging the rest of us to keep going 🙂

Rick_M

Congrats to you Donna. 4 months is big. It just gets better. Stay with it......

joyeuxencore

So beautiful Donna!!! SO inspirational!!! Reminds me of this one Thomas wrote at 100 days:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Thomas3.20.2010-blog/2013/03/10/gifts-for-body-mind-and-spi...