cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

12 Days To Quit Day: Looking Ahead

cmac70
0 3 1

Today I will continue with my mass cleaning of making our home smoke free. I was so happy to walk into my house and it smelled so fresh and clean. I inhaled deeply, I could really get use to this. I have always tried to keep the house clean but as a smoker you know that odor doesn't make the house very fresh no matter how much you clean. 

It really smacked me in the face when we went to bed last night. I opened the door and the stale smell hit me. I had washed the curtains but had not made it to the rest of the room. That is what I'm doing today. The sad thing is we very rarely smoked in our bedroom, but there it was anyway. I cringe to think of the clothes hanging in the closet...just going to take it a section at a time. 

I was thinking how all this cleaning has gotten me excited and is keeping me busy so that even before our quit date my smoking is already decreasing. I know one of the main problems for me will be staying busy. Mostly my hands. So I started digging out my crochet bag and searching online for a pattern of an afghan I been wanting to do. Since these items had been stored in my smokers house I decided to febreeze them and move them outside to try and deodorize them. (We have an enclosed back porch) I will begin my project on my quit day. 

So, I have plenty to keep me busy today and I am planning for the quit day and beyond. 

3 Comments