cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

109 days not smoking now! unbelievable!

moonmen17
0 10 527

Dear becomeanex.org, well I am looking ahead to almost 4 months not smoking now and I have had some fleeting thoughts of lighting up but I do not do it and am still a non smoker while going through a little bit of stress while in between jobs and school at the moment.  I had been going to a smoking cessation program which was for 6 weeks and I went to it an additional 3 or 4 weeks after the first six weeks and now I am really grateful for the website for support and I am still going strong with it.  I have PTSD and a lot of anxiety but I know that the smoking does give some relief from anxiety but it really does complicate it with the negative effects of the smoke and the money I spent on that and the mess, smell, etc., etc. and I am grateful to be a non smoker.  I think I am actually at about 111 days today and I have now saved about $555.00 not smoking.  That is a nice chunk of change and it has been nice in the pocket book to have quit smoking not to mention the health benefits and I continue walking each day to help with anxiety.  Thanks for your help.

10 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Good For You!

YoungAtHeart

Woot!  Woot!

Congratulations!

Nancy

tjanddj

Congratulation on your quit!

MarilynH

A super duper congratulations on your awesome ongoing precious quit! 

TerrieQuit

Congratulations you are doing great!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Giulia

"and I have had some fleeting thoughts of lighting up but I do not do it and am still a non smoker while going through a little bit of stress"

I'm hearing some struggling here with that statement.  Warning bells are going off in MY head reading that sentence.  So they should be going off in yours too.  For all your 109 day success.  Your in Prime Relapse time at your stage.  Do not NOT pay attention to your feelings.  Be very much aware of them and their potency and potential for relapse. 

109 days smoke-free is SPECTACULAR.  But that doesn't mean you can't blow it tomorrow.  Stay true.  No matter the anxiety, no matter the stress.  You're in this no matter WHAT - or - you're not.  And if you're not, then you will for SURE go back to another Day One.  Think about Day One.  Do you ever want to go back to that?  Say NO, and then you'll be free.  Don't let your addiction play you. 

Kudos on the....

ShawnP

I agree with what Giulia said.  Always keep your guard up and no matter what comes your way, stick to your commitment to Not take one puff ever!

Congrats on 109 days!!!!

elvan

Congratulations on 109 days, you still have some time left in No Man's Land, smoking really does not help with anxiety, it increases stress, it's how nicotine works.  Try to remember that...you think that it helps with anxiety but when people smoke, they are anxious about when they can get their next cigarette, nothing is resolved by smoking.  You need to remember that and to honestly answer yourself about what smoking does for you as opposed to what it does TO you.

So happy that you are concentrating on the positives of the money saved, make plans for that!

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Congratulations on your precious quit!! WTG
moonmen17

Dear Becomeanex.org,

Its an addictive world out there sometimes and I really appreciate the support, thanks!  I will continue to keep plugging along.  I try to keep two rules in mind now at 112 days of not smoking:

rule no 1: don't smoke

rule no 2: when in doubt go back to rule no 1.

In AA the old timers will tell you the way they quit drinking is "I just don't drink between meetings." and I think here at becomeanex.org I would say (just being a beginner mind you) "I just don't smoke between blogs."

Quitters have more fun.  Thanks!