cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

1000 days!

mary242
0 17 69

Today is my 1000th day of no smoking. I never thought I could do this.  I had tried hypnosis, the patches, the gum, and cold turkey, the longest I ever stayed quit was 1 month. One day I was on my computer and by God miracle, I was led to this wonderful site I had never heard of before. I was immediately intrigued. THat was 1000 days ago. I made lifelong friends here, though Im not on here often anymore, I still hold each of my friends here in my heart every day and always will. With their support, I was able to accomplish a 40 year dream to quit smoking.I love visiting friends in the hospital and not rushing to leave to go smoke. I love my home and myself smelling clean and fresh all the time. I love not coughing or being short of breath. In the last 1000 days, I have taken up yoga and walking on my treadmill. I have completed my first year of bible training, and I go to my grandkids events without the hope that it wont last long so I can get outside to smoke!For those of you newbies who are afraid and doubtful, I tell you, if I can do this, so can you. You dont have to be afraid, Its like childbirth, it hurts like crazy for a little bit, but then you cant even remember those times very soon after. You just live each day discovering your new freedom. SMoking controls every aspect of our lives,I didnt know what to do with my hands! I promise, you will ffind lots of things to do with your hands and the lost feeling wont last long. Stay close to this ssight as long as you need to, then slowly you will try out your wings and be free. I pray God will help each one of you and make you succeed in your quit. I thank my sweet friends for my gift of quit that you gave me. I love you guys more than you will ever know. your forever friend, Mary.

17 Comments
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations your blog is an inspiration

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations on 1,000 days!!!! 

cpsono

Congratulations.  Thank you for the beautiful blog!

YoungAtHeart

So happy to see you doing so well!  I just love it when our Happy Quitters come back to tell their stories and encourage those on the journey behind them.

Stay well and happy!

Nancy

froguelady

Congratulations!!! Wonderful blog.

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations!

Thomas3.20.2010

So nice to see you, Mary!

johio

Great Job Mary !!!!!!!!

Puff-TM-Draggin

Very encouraging!  Thanks for checking in, and congratulations on your new and improved, smoke-free life.

Cheers!

Brenda_M

Welcome to the Quad Squad!!!!

Giulia

Happy Blog!  Yes indeedy.  Lovely, just lovely.  Many pats on the back, Mary.  Another Quaddie, oh boy!  YAY!

LouiseR

Congrats Mary on 1000 days.  That is stupendous!

Breakinchains

Congratulations! Enjoy your freedom, you've earned it. 

Mike.n.Atlanta

CONGRATULATIONS MARY!!!

Keep on keepin on,

mary242

thank you sweet friends!

Strudel

Mary - How great to see you! Congrats on 1000 days!! You should be so proud! Welcome to the Quad Squad! 

Sootie

MARY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!