cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

1 year today!

accord62
0 20 27

1 year ago today I quit smoking!  It is also my Dad's birthday.  My Dad passed away in 2007.  He was a smoker.  Smoking took his life,  he had copd, emphesema, collapsed lung, a fast growing tumor in his lung and when they did the biopsy on the tumor he went into respitory failure.  He was put on Life support and died 2 days later.  My dad could not walk but a couple of feet while at home.  He would be so out of breath.  by the time he went to the hospital his fingers were blue and he was talking out of his head due to lack of oxygen.  Seeing my Dad grasp for air (it was like nothing I have ever seen before) when they took him off life support and put him on oxygen still did not make me quit for over a year after he died.  Had I known how easy it actually was to quit I would have done it along time ago.  I wished I had never smoked and I really wish my Dad never smoked.  We would be celebrating his 75 th birthday today!  I am so mad that something so stupid like cigarettes killed my Dad.  I hate cigarettes.  I always said I liked smoking. What kind of idiot likes to put smoke in their lungs?  I does not feel good.  It is just killing you.  I know people that say I dont want to quit I enjoy it.  That is just not so.  I smoked since I was 18 and now I am 48.  I always felt like shit.  no energy, looked horrible, and smelled bad.  People who enjoy it please tell me what it is that is so enjoyable.  I would love to debate this. I could never say what I enjoyed about them.   I am so mad at cigarettes!!!!   If you are still smoking STOP NOW!!  Do you want your family crying for you on your birthday and holidays because you smoked and died from it?  PLEASE STOP.  I cry alot because this happened so fast with my Dad.  At the end of May he got a cold and November 7 he died.  My family and I miss him so much.

20 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Great Job On Your Year!!!

eib

Yay you!  High five!

Live4thedash

Congratulations on one year!!!!  Way to go!!!!

People who tell you they enjoy smoking can't help themselves, they don't...they are just addicts and that's what addicts say.

Sorry that today is your dads birthday and you can't tell him happy birthday due to smoking. One thing is true though, the blog you just wrote may help others quit or remain quit free so that like you, they too , may not have to experience that bad side of smoking.

thanks

NOPE & NEF!

jawidge

Congratulations!!  thanks for the post.  the long term quitters inspire everyone!

Leeza

Congratulation on your one year milestone.  You truly honor your father in all that you have accomplished this year. 

jojo29

HI ACCORD, CONGRATS TO U ON UR ONE YR. I THINK WE BOTH HAVE SOMETHIN IN COMMON HERE, U QUIT TODAY A YR AGO IM 100 DAYS AGO 🙂 U QUIT ON UR DADS B/D I QUIT ON LUNG CANCER AWARENESS B/C I LOST MY MOTHER THE SAME WAY U LOST UR FATHER AND THAT SUXS, BUT KNOW THAT UR DAD IS WITH MY MOTHER BOTH LOOKIN DOWN ON US SAYIN, WOOHOO GOOD FOR THEM WE HAVE SOME SMART KIDS THERE:)) THEY FINALLY GAVE IT UP .. JUST NO HOW PROUD HE IS OF U. 🙂 AND I HOPE UR PROUD OF URSELF AS MUCH AS WE ARE PROUD OF U. ONE YR IS A BIG THING, HOPE U DO SOMETHING SPECIAL TONIGHT :)) SENDING U HUGS :)) JOANNE

JoAnne5-14-2008

Congratulation

Congratulations | Forward this Picture" width="28" />

GREAT JOB!!!!

Strudel

Stephanie - Congrats on one year! You have done your dad proud with this great blog which I bet will help many people! I am so sorry for your loss..... Please take care!

Bonnie11.3.2009

Congratulations Stephanie!  One year is great!  Your story is very real and one many of us can identify with.  so happy you found your way here and have done yourself and your Dad proud!  celebrate all your efforts!

Thomas3.20.2010

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! May you have amny, many mor years of Smoke FREE Living!!!! You did well by you Father, Stephanie!!! Be PROUD!

lynette3

Congrats, Stephanie! You're an inspiration, that's for sure.

Doris

brenda61

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CNohKkqiLfw/THzu-_21N0I/AAAAAAAAAVo/z2LvT7ncVLY/s400/congrats.jpg

Debi12

Congratulations Stephanie!  One Year is Huge!   Thank you for sharing your story, I hope you celebrate and enjoy your great milestone!!  I know you are so proud!!

EllenMT

Your father would have been proud of you!  Congratulations on 365 big ones!

Sootie

Congratulations on one year!!!! It's huge!! CELEBRATE!!!

IrishRose

Congratulations

Know that your Dad is smiling at you at this time, so very proud of your quit!!!  I firmly believe that moms and dads watch over us even after they pass from this world.  Feel the warmth of his love shining down on you!  Good job!!!

bjmarks

One Year is sooooooo GREAT!! Congrats to you!!

pir8fan

Congrats on the first full year of your New and improved Smoke Free life!! I am sorry that the Freedom Train missed you today! That conductor is going to hear from me! Please join us tomorrow! You are invited to be part of the celebration for one of our "Super Exer's" tomorrow! I can;t say who yet, but his alter ego is a deer!

onvacation

Congrats on one year!  That is fantastic!  I am sure your Dad is so proud of you!