Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

1 year Anniversary!

Valerie30
0 13 166

Good morning, Community,

Today is my 1 year anniversary.  Wow I am in awe that I have made this one year mark.  I have tried so many times before and now it has finally come to pass. 

I do hope that for those of you who read this blog find some inspiration from this message:  You can do it, it takes perserverance, patience, confidence, determination and lots of support.  It can be done.  I don't want to get ahead of myself, so I will remain on this site for as long as possible.  I want to be able to stay smoke free and help others in this fight.  Remember, don't give in to stress (which you will always have); pressure (which will always be in our lives); bad times (always with us too); etc.  Fight the good fight, remember you have a goal in mind, that is to fight NicoDemon with all the strength you can muster. 

Stay connected to people who are fighters, that's also important in your quit.  Without this site, I don't know where I would be.  I tried to do it on my own, to no avail, all of the aids: patches, gum, etc. but I decided that a support group is what I needed most.  It worked! 

Well, I am going to celebrate just a little.  Having a nice dinner out tonight or tomorrow!

The best to all of us,

Valerie

13 Comments
LouiseR

Congrats on 1 year.  That is awesome!!!

Thomas3.20.2010

YEA, Valerie!!!!

WELCOME to the 6% Club!!!!

klv

That is so awesome. Great job on staying quit for one year. You should be so proud of yourself...I know I am. I agree. I believe I would be smoking right now if wasn't for this site.

Enjoy your special diiner! It's on house based on your savings!! 

cheryl_1-1-14

You sure are an inspiration!!!  Thank you for sharing and congratulations on your success.  Enjoy your well deserved dinner.

Polynha

Stac2

CONGRATULATIONS VALERIE ON MAKING IT TO THE AWESOME 6% CLUB!  I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND HAPPY FOR YOU!  YOU DESERVE TO CELEBRATE BIG TIME SO I VOTE YOU GO OUT TO DINNER BOTH NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH A WONDERFUL FRIEND AND SUPPORT TO ME ON THIS SITE AND FOR LEADING THE WAY FOR ME AND SO MANY OTHERS. 

SENDING YOU VIRTUAL:

BALLOONS

GAZOOS

MARCHING BAND

BANNERS

TRUMPETS

CAKE

CANDY

COOKIES TOO

FLOWERS

AND A BIG HUGE HUG FROM TEXAS.

WAY TO GO VALERIE!  WOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XOXOXOXOXOXO,

STAC

Valerie30

Hi Everyone,

I am almost in tears now....!  Thanks to all of you for congratulating me on this very special day...What a Feeling (Irene Cara!!)

I feel like dancing too, think I will do that at home of course tonight!

Love you all, keep fighting, you all help me to fight.

Thank you all!

Valerie

Stac2

Dance all you want and sing out loud too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JonesCarpeDiem

C ongratulations!!

sophieschoice

Ohh I'm just at the beggining stages... but finding this is encouraging! Great job!!!!! 

tim0921

Way to go Val! You are an inspiration to those of us determined to be in the 6% club! Congrats and God bless!

Magstoyou

Congratulations Val On 1 Year-6% Club!!! Ya You!!!

That is my next goal!! Thanks for the insprituation  and the great blog!!

Celebrate-That is such a milestone!!

Mag127days

Mrs.Rum

Congratulations!  That is SO amazing!  I enjoy hearing these success stories to remind me it can be done.  Thank you!