cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

1 week today!

dee54
0 5 15

One week today! Yay! I took my nicotine patch off last night because it was causing me to have really crazy dreams, and I wasn't sleeping well, and I forgot to put it back on this morning. About mid morning I started thinking about smoking, and I remembered that I did not have a patch on. So, not out of the woods yet. I know I am going to have to stay with the patches for a while. I put the patch back on and the craving went away.

I have been coughing, and not feeling well lately. I thought I had bronchitis. Turns out I have allergy related asthma. I coughed so hard last night I thought I was going to die. I have been wheezing as well. I took the day off from work, because this coughing has worn me out. I think I am going to take tomorrow off as well. I am feeling a little better today. I'm not coughing as much, so I think the medications are starting to help. My doctor thinks I will probably just need the inhalers for a couple of weeks, and then just occasionally, if I have a flare up. So, more motivation to stay off the cigarrettes. I have had problems with this for a couple of years now, and I wasn't smoking then. I have a diagnosis now. I kind of suspected it, though.

I'm keeping the faith. I know I am on the right path. I'm going to keep on keeping on!

Have a great day, everyone!

5 Comments