cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

1 Year and Counting

ralphh11
0 5 65

Curious to know if anyone still has sleeping issues this far in. Generally, all is well and everything is getting back to normal (some healing still going on), but I am having trouble sleeping all the way through the night still.

5 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

Good to hear from you.  Maybe your sleep disorder is not quitting smoking related.  I have developed a strange sleep pattern myself - but at almost 3 years quit I don't think that it is quit related.  I think I have got myself in a pattern of waking up at 2 am - no matter what time I go to sleep.  Congratulations on keeping your quit!

ralphh11

Yes.. I had anxiety early on and disrupted my sleep pattern. Have the same sleep pattern now. Get up at 2am'ish and then again finally at 5am no matter what time I sleep. Very strange.

Mandolinrain

Just wanted to congratulate you on one year! I have some nights I still can't sleep well either since I quit. I am also nearly at year three....well in September anyway. I hope you find relief soon, perhaps visit a sleep clinic? You need your ZZZZZZ's for optimal health. Best wishes!

elvan

Congratulations, Ralph.  I suspect that your sleep difficulties probably have nothing to do with quitting smoking.  I, too, have some sleep issues, waking up and not being able to get back to sleep.  Often times with me, it has to do with something that I have left unfinished or something that is bothering me for one reason or another.  Once my mind wakes up, it's all over.  I keep a book next to me so I can read if I wake up, something not too exciting,  some days I am really tired because I got very little sleep but, again, I do not think it is smoking related.  You could try meditation or self hypnosis, both of those are very effective.

In any event, I am really happy for you to be celebrating one year and officially becoming a member of the 6% club!

MarilynH

Congratulations on your awesome 1 year milestone, I hope you'll have a good night's sleep tonight Zzzzzzzzzzzzz's ralphh11