cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

1.5 YEARS?!

brittann3
6 19 249

I don’t come by often but I wanted to drop in really quickly. I quit smoking and 2 mo later ended up pregnant and am so glad I quit first. It made staying smoke free after delivery so much easier.

My daughter, Ellory, is 7 months old and she is AMAZING!! I can’t believe how happy I am most days. Being able to enjoy her and not worry about smoking is the best feeling. Occasionally I’ll see someone drive by smoking and I think it would be nice to enjoy a cigarette BUT then I immediately remember that it wouldn’t be enjoyable and my daughter is always in the car and I wouldn’t want her around it. I honestly have no idea how my parents smoked around me when I was growing up or how I smoked around my nephews. Yuck! 

Anyways! Hope everyone is smoke free and happy! 

19 Comments
KTQeeyore

Congratulations Brittann! Good for you!   

clap.gif

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on 1.5 years.  Thanks for stopping by and letting us know how things are going.  Hugs to you and Ellory

indingrl

CONGRATS choosing NON SMOKER LIFE living for your SELF FIRST..loving you FIRST so you give ALL to your beautiful daughter....most excellent mommies...Yahoooo  ...WOW!!!!! 1.5 YEARS FREE FROM DRUG NICOTINE......GOOD JOB BRITTAN! please keep coming BACK.

AnnetteMM

Since you found us again, stick around and share your wisdom!

kristen-9-7-15

She is a cutie!  Congrats on 1.5 years quit!

MichelleDiane

So precious.  Congratulations!

-Michelle

Jennifer-Quit

She is a doll!  Congratulations on your successful quit!

YoungAtHeart

What a precious little one!

SO glad you aren't polluting her world with second and third hand smoke.

Congratulations!  Good for you!

Nancy

elvan

brittann3  She is absolutely gorgeous...look at her with those little sunglasses on...OMG, I am so happy for you and Dave AND Miss Ellory, what a beautiful family.  Congratulations on a year and a half....that is amazing and so much has happened in that time.  I am so proud of you and so incredibly happy FOR you. 

You sent me a direct message and indicated that you wished there was an app for this site so I am going to ask Mark‌ if he can direct you because I know that there is, I just don't know how to use it.

So wonderful to hear from you my sweet friend.

XOXOXO,

Ellen

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

elvan wrote:

You sent me a direct message and indicated that you wished there was an app for this site so I am going to ask Mark if he can direct you because I know that there is, I just don't know how to use it.

brittann3‌ We don't have an app. The site is mobile responsive, however. Which means it dynamically adjusts to all screens without a lot of pinching and zooming. If there is something that you're expecting to see while you are on your phone but it isn't appearing, Try turning your phone to landscape and more options will appear as it puts the site in desktop mode.

Mark
EX Community Manager

RachelMB

So good to see you!  I'm glad to hear you and Ellory are doing well.  She is too cute for words!  Thanks for stopping by!

Rachel

elvan

Thanks, Mark...I hope this helps her, I thought there MUST be an app...yeah, I don't use my phone for the site...it would make me crazy.

bacardigirl

Oooh, what a beautiful daughter you have! Thanks for checking in-I think of you sometimes because you, Rachel and I quit around the same time-ALL successful. Common denominator? The EX communists website.

Congrats on such a great  accomplishment and beautiful baby girl-XO!

~Cris 

shashort

Congratulations on your quit and Miss Ellory is a doll. Love her cute little sunglasses.  Aren't you glad she will not know mommy as a smoker. Yay!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

bacardigirl wrote:

Oooh, what a beautiful daughter you have! Thanks for checking in-I think of you sometimes because you, Rachel and I quit around the same time-ALL successful. Common denominator? The EX communists website.

Congrats on such a great  accomplishment and beautiful baby girl-XO!

~Cris 

The EX Communists website?  That gave me a good laugh!

Mark
EX Community Manager

bacardigirl

Haha-spellcheck fail!!

Giulia

Tres chic!  And what a cutie pie!  Kudos mom on your quit and Miss Ellory.   Smokefree and happy here.

brittann3

Yeah I do use the mobile site but I just don’t get notifications when I have a message or comment. Figure I’d come around more if I had a reminder to check in more like with Facebook notifications. 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

brittann3

I know what you're talking about, I don't use the facebook app so I rely on the Chrome notifications for Facebook.  Actually, I'm hoping that they add that at some point because I think it would be helpful to some. It's not available yet.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

About the Author
{10.17.2016} I am 32 years old and started smoking at 13 years old. I've attempted to quit many times over the years but it wasn't until Oct 2017 that I felt I was really ready. I did it for my boyfriend, he does not smoke and hates that I do, and the possibility of a family someday. 1.25.2017~ I am 100 days into my quit and smoke free! I also recently learned I am pregnant! If not for this site my quit would not have been a reality. 5.11.2017~ I am over 200 days quit and almost halfway through my pregnancy. We found out that our baby is a little girl. I am beyond ecstatic to be living life with the man I love and a beautiful baby girl who will make us a family.