cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Pulmonary Rehab!

I won't be around for the next Month or so due to entering pulmonary rehabilitation. For those who haven't heard of it - it is a great opportunity to learn and apply everything good for your lung health and has been shown to effectively prevent hospitalizations and premature death due to COPD. 

I am required to go 2 hours a day 3 times a week as well as continue to work my 2 jobs, etc... They will teach me A to Z from nutrition, exercise, socialization, lung health maintenance, consulting with Medical Staff, comorbidities, pharmaceutical options, R &D, .....you name it! Even more important they will help me to put into action best practices for healthy lifestyle.

As always I will be sharing some of this material for the 40% of our Community that has COPD. So if you know you don't have it and don't know anybody who does, you'll probably want to skip those Blogs!

Meantime, keep in mind that only by Smoking Cessation can you help your chances of not getting COPD or if you already have it, of not getting worse quickly!

Smoke FREE saves your lungs! Keep 'em away from your face!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
MarilynH

I am going to miss you but I know this is a great opportunity for you just be sure to take care of yourself. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Such a great opportunity!  I know you will make the most of it!.   I'm glad you are taking care of you!

Nancy.

0 Kudos
Barbara145

It sounds wonderful.  I look forward to what you learn.  Take good care of yourself.

0 Kudos
djmurray

Speaking as one of the 40 percent, I am looking forward to any good information you can share.  You are one of the truly caring people here who is always providing food for thought, and I wish you the very best in this coming really, really busy time!

0 Kudos
Magstoyou

We will miss you here, but you will be learning and educating yourself on the latest of taking care of yourself. You are such a wise man and thank you for all your sharing on this site!!.

Mag699DOF

0 Kudos
linda258

See you back soon!

0 Kudos
exsmokermom

Take notes (so I can copy them). See you when you get back.

0 Kudos
Hopeful36

I wish you the very best as you endeavor to take care of you. You are a very giving person and I will miss you very much. You have been a true lifeline for me; such a positive energy. Take care Thomas. Look forward to the info you'll share. I have mild cold myself.

0 Kudos
Hopeful36

I meant COPD not cold;)

0 Kudos
Sootie

I'd NEVER skip your blogs!

Learn a lot to teach others----as you always do : )

Take care of you..........

0 Kudos