cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

mark_k

Mental Health Support

Linda, first of all... Congratulations! You're doing great for yourself and I hope that the road is smooth from here on out with only minor bumps along the way. I'm hoping that after a while we'll be able to walk past people smoking and turn around the 'if only I could' attitude into a 'if only I could help them like so many had helped me'. Oh, and lest I forget.... I wanted to tell you... 'mentally challenged', though very PC isn't as fun as how I like to consider phrasing it... try 'social underdogs'... everyone loves an underdog and it makes people smile! (Admit it... you just smiled... at least a little bit) 😃
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
200 Replies
katheen

Hello, Linda, I'm leaving for a little while be back shortly then we can talk alright.

Love you Kathleen
0 Kudos
linda53

talk to you later girl
0 Kudos
linda53

we learn the inner secret of happiness when we learn to direct our inner drives our interests and our attention to something besides ourselves
0 Kudos
linda53

oh that wes written by a wise women ethel andrus
0 Kudos
linda53

i have a headache dont know if its snxiety lack of nicotine or the lozenges the quit coach that called today said it could be any of the three i took a klonipin think ill lay down we ll talk later or in the am peace and love and all that hippie stuff
0 Kudos
katheen

Linda, I'm back bought some flowers for where we use to smoke so that I can sit outside again.

Love you Kathleen
0 Kudos
linda53

good idea you get the smell of something new and wonderful in place of stale tobacco smoke i added something to ageless wisdom wonder where sara is dont hear from her on any sites im on maybe shes in a differnt zone speaking of which i zoned ou t today when my partner smelled like smoke i didnt say anything to him just pray it will pass and he wont start again take in some fresh air for me
0 Kudos
linda53

by the way which of these disorders do you have? ive been bipolar or manic depressive since i was 17 i finally got on the right meds but its been hell many hospitals and the loss of a few family members in the process i pray i can get them back back to celebration for you 10 days thats hard work hooray yeppie wish i had some cool graphics for you peace and love
0 Kudos
katheen

Ya Linda, you will get through this and it'll be alright I feel for you because I also have a partner who is also quitting with me and that makes it a little hard. So far I have to be the tough one and just say that we're not smoking for that day. There are times when Boy do I want one but then I thank it through and relieze that I don't need it. So far we're hanging in there and that is the main thing right.

Love you Kathleen
0 Kudos
linda53

youre right the tough get going when things get tough we can do this quit no matter what the circumstances i thanik you for being here for me hope im some encouragement to you peace and love
0 Kudos