cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

mark_k

Mental Health Support

Linda, first of all... Congratulations! You're doing great for yourself and I hope that the road is smooth from here on out with only minor bumps along the way. I'm hoping that after a while we'll be able to walk past people smoking and turn around the 'if only I could' attitude into a 'if only I could help them like so many had helped me'. Oh, and lest I forget.... I wanted to tell you... 'mentally challenged', though very PC isn't as fun as how I like to consider phrasing it... try 'social underdogs'... everyone loves an underdog and it makes people smile! (Admit it... you just smiled... at least a little bit) 😃
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
200 Replies
shawneepot

I;d like to join your group, but I don't know how. I quit in 9 days. I take zoloft for depression. I always thought smoking would make me less depressed, but it didn't. I really hate being addicted to cigaretts. I have four grandkids and they all look at me when I smoke and I feel ashamed. I don't want them to do it. I should've quit for my daughters years ago. One smokes now too. Anyway, I've tried to quit about 100 times I think. My husband smokes too. I know he likes having a smoking buddy.But I was just told I also have two leaking heart valves and the smoking could make them worse faster.Well enough depressing stuff. Anyone have a joke?

0 Kudos