cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

mark_k

Mental Health Support

Linda, first of all... Congratulations! You're doing great for yourself and I hope that the road is smooth from here on out with only minor bumps along the way. I'm hoping that after a while we'll be able to walk past people smoking and turn around the 'if only I could' attitude into a 'if only I could help them like so many had helped me'. Oh, and lest I forget.... I wanted to tell you... 'mentally challenged', though very PC isn't as fun as how I like to consider phrasing it... try 'social underdogs'... everyone loves an underdog and it makes people smile! (Admit it... you just smiled... at least a little bit) 😃
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
200 Replies
trachelle

Hi Linda, I sure wish that hell week was over!!!!
0 Kudos
linda53

trachelle youre gonna make it girl do it then celebrate celebrate dance to the music it gets easier i did nt say easy peace and love
0 Kudos
linda53

im not following directions on the bottle again i should know what will happen no not an od trying to decrease this klonipin from 2 to a half tab a day im irritable is it that or cause its my 25 day without a cigarette could be both anyway thanks for listening to my screams peace and love
0 Kudos
anniebee468

Okay, so I'm not looking for sympathy from anyone, but I figured maybe there is someone on here who is as much of a control freak as I am and can help me not want to pull my hair at the end of the day because I'm going through nicotine with drawls and the stress of my life isn't something I can change. Anyone????
0 Kudos
quit4melody

deep breaths, short walks, meditation - if those are your cup of tea. I find walking up a small hill will usually make me not want a cig anymore because I am soo out of breath anyway. The longer you go without one the easier it is so patience and really try to remember WHY you are quitting. Another good tip I found on this website was to wait 5 minutes and if you really want a cig go ahead and have one, but normally when the 5 minutes are over you don't want one anymore. I hope that helps. Sometimes just venting helps me.
  Good Luck!
0 Kudos
cheryl7

Hi Im new here. I suffer from worring all the time and my anxiety is always high I cant stand to be around a lot of peole and I could just go on and on about all the things that make me so upset. I am not smoking for 9 days now. Anyway I really want to do this. Hope to meet some people here.
0 Kudos
cheryl7

well im here again starting all over cause i was so depressed and could not seem to cope and hubby said smoke and i will feel better. but all i felt was guilty I will make this time different.
0 Kudos
quit4melody

check out the tips on the website again! smoking doesn't make you feel better, or less tense, it in fact makes you more tense and you start withdrawing again! right now i am off meds so i am blaming that a lot, so one step to not feel soo depressed is to take your meds. also, i was in an outpt program that recommended the book 10 days to self-esteem i highly recommend it! it's a workbook and you have to do the work but it helps! also i learned that getting my feelings out either by talking to someone or journaling/blogging i feel better. and finally come here for support! i have seen nothing but supportive people since i joined this website! Good Luck and don't beat yourself up about smoking! there is nothing you can do about the past, only the future!!
0 Kudos
cheryl7

thank you melody, I will do as you say, and I going to the store this weekend and look for that book.
0 Kudos
katheen

Just thought that I'd let everyone know that we still have'nt quit smoking yet but we are going to try again tomarrow it'll be a better day because we have nothing planned then. Went to the Dr. yesterday and my oxygen level was down and they put me on the oxygen and then the nebulizer so then it got better. Linda I agree with Anita about the meds. so check with your Dr. first before you do it again. We love you so do not be so careless about the meds. because I know I care about you.

Love You Kathleen
0 Kudos