cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

claudia2

Fibro/Chronic Pain Quitters

Wow, I was surprised to see this group. I noticed that there has not been any comments on it lately, but how is everyone doing????
  Claudia

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
gail3

hi, i'm back, sorta, got lost in school, family, etc.
  and now my fiancee has started quitting, which is going to put the pressure(help) on me to finally totally quit. i knew he could do it easier. we've both used the Chantix. but we are very different smokers. i have a lot of chronic pain issues and pain is definitely a major trigger for me and one i've not found a lot of solutions for yet. pain makes me nervous. pain makes me think about smoking. smoking is reputed to make pain worse. and so the circle goes. but i have reduced the amount of smoking to a quarter of what it was - for about 5 months now, which i'm particularly happy about. so the push to reallly reallly quit is going to address the big triggers - pain, hunger, boredom, anger. i need to join a Hunger group also i think. Hope all of you are doing well in 2009.
0 Kudos
chefmelliott

Hey you guys...I'm a fibromyalgia girl who is trying to quit. Do you guys think smoking has helped/ hurt your fibro? Has your chronic fatigue worsened if you have it.

0 Kudos
skypeople

I have the duel diagnosis of chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia and have used smoking as a sort of way to deal with the pain and sometimes nasty fatigue.  I have not smoked for over a month now and have decided this is my last quit as do not plan nor want to smoke agian.  Lynda

0 Kudos
amethyst3

Just found this group and was hoping someone could tell me if they have quit and had less pain. I have several health issues but this one is dibilitating sometimes so if you can let me know if it helps I would appreciate it

0 Kudos