cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Jiquxx

Does anybody have Schizophrenia and have a problem with hearing voices?

I have Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and have been diagnosed as schizoaffective and it started when I was 20 years old and I'm 53 years old now. I started smoking cigarettes back then and have been smoking for 32 years now. I have tried to quit smoking using the patches, gum, lozenges, spray, bupropion, Chantix, acupuncture, chamomile tea and have only been able to quit smoking temporarily each time. I forgot how many times I tried to quit smoking but I have always relapsed. I have a problem with hearing voices which is a symptom of Schizophrenia and I have a psychiatrist who I talk to and she prescribes my medication. I'm not going to give up on quitting smoking and keep trying until I succeed. I just wanted to know if anyone else is going through this. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
75 Replies
Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm Do they have wi-fi where you're staying?  If so, you connect as a guest.

Barb

j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud @jewlz23 I stay at a facility that has wifi but the signal strength isn't good. They have to fix it.  They are not going to fix it.

0 Kudos
jewlz23

@j3ffmeadowsgm  I hope you enjoy reading your book. Stephen King is one of my favorite authors. 

Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm Just keep  moving forward.  I have such positive thoughts for you. I know things are going to get better for you. Enjoy the book!!!!!  Being able to engulf yourself in someone else's creativity  is so inspiring and uplifting.   

Hugs

Barb

j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud my new medication and the increase in anti depressants is making a difference. I am feeling hope for the first time in months. I went two days without smoking and I dreamed I was smoking a cigarette. I was desperate. The dream felt so real that I woke feeling I had just had tobacco.

jewlz23

Great News! Glad you are feeling better. I have had similar dreams. They should go away after a while. I am hoping 🙂

j3ffmeadowsgm

@jewlz23  I knew it was a dream and I hurried to light the cigarette before I woke up. I was sleeping on the psychiatric ward at the time.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm I am so happy you're feeling better and two days without smoking!  So proud of you.

Dreams about smoking are very common.  I still have them occasionally after 5 years.  Most of the time I don't smoke in the dreams, but when I  do, it's a real scare when you wake up thinking you lost your quit.

Keep moving forward.

Barb

0 Kudos
jewlz23

@j3ffmeadowsgm 

Hey I have been thinking of you today. How are you getting along? 

j3ffmeadowsgm

@jewlz23 my medication is causing me to go to bed at 8pm and I'm waking at 2am. The voices are gone. The voices were keeping me up all night talking to myself. Now I am going to try and get back to sleep.