cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Jiquxx

Does anybody have Schizophrenia and have a problem with hearing voices?

I have Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and have been diagnosed as schizoaffective and it started when I was 20 years old and I'm 53 years old now. I started smoking cigarettes back then and have been smoking for 32 years now. I have tried to quit smoking using the patches, gum, lozenges, spray, bupropion, Chantix, acupuncture, chamomile tea and have only been able to quit smoking temporarily each time. I forgot how many times I tried to quit smoking but I have always relapsed. I have a problem with hearing voices which is a symptom of Schizophrenia and I have a psychiatrist who I talk to and she prescribes my medication. I'm not going to give up on quitting smoking and keep trying until I succeed. I just wanted to know if anyone else is going through this. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
75 Replies
j3ffmeadowsgm

@jewlz23 I've been spending my time on the suicide prevention textline 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm Please talk to your therapist about your suicide thoughts.  I don't want to lose you.

Hugs 

Barb

j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud I'm on suicide watch at Albany Medical Center Psychiatric Ward  There is a girl here who has cut all her hair off and is covered in scars from cutting. It is heartbreaking.

0 Kudos
j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud  I see the psychiatrist this morning about medication. I am really nervous because this will be the first time I've talked to a psychiatrist about my schizophrenia. I need medication that will help me sleep.

0 Kudos
jewlz23

We are all worthy of life. You are so worthy and are an important person on this earth. You may not see it now, but you are. I pray that you get the right medications for your diagnoses and can start to improve. Baby steps. It takes baby steps to get there. You are in a good place here on the forum. Keep reaching out to people even if you have to plead. You are worthy! It is an honor to start to get to know you. 

j3ffmeadowsgm

@jewlz23 aww jewlz23 you really are sweet.

jewlz23

Thanks @j3ffmeadowsgm ... I am concerned for you. I know what tough times are like and people need other people even if it is just to say a few words. I think about everyone here a lot. Sometimes our struggles are too much and we need to discern which ones are the most important for our wellbeing. That can be hard to do sometimes when it seems the world has thrown everything including the kitchen sink at a person. I am glad you are getting the help you need!

I am off to dreamland now. I am so glad you are okay. Try to think of calming thoughts. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm I glad you're in a safe place and that you'll be seeing a psychiatrist this morning.  

Please keep me updated and always remember how special you are.

Barbscloud_0-1675008152705.png

Barb

j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud they want to keep me for a week to adjust medication. The psychiatrist said he thinks it was a drug I was taking.

YoungAtHeart

So glad you are getting the help you need.

Nancy

0 Kudos