cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with others living with health conditions

Jiquxx

Does anybody have Schizophrenia and have a problem with hearing voices?

I have Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and have been diagnosed as schizoaffective and it started when I was 20 years old and I'm 53 years old now. I started smoking cigarettes back then and have been smoking for 32 years now. I have tried to quit smoking using the patches, gum, lozenges, spray, bupropion, Chantix, acupuncture, chamomile tea and have only been able to quit smoking temporarily each time. I forgot how many times I tried to quit smoking but I have always relapsed. I have a problem with hearing voices which is a symptom of Schizophrenia and I have a psychiatrist who I talk to and she prescribes my medication. I'm not going to give up on quitting smoking and keep trying until I succeed. I just wanted to know if anyone else is going through this. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
75 Replies
j3ffmeadowsgm

@jewlz23 the last saved content is yours 

0 Kudos
j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud the voice in my head is loud today it does not want to take medications. They only concentrate on the medication I miss and it makes it difficult.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@j3ffmeadowsgm Why do you think you don't want to take your medications.  I know you said sometimes you forget, but this sounds different.  By "they" do you mean the counselors at the facility.

Please take you meds!

Barb

0 Kudos
j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud @Jiquxx  I am missing a day at program it is Saturday night and it feels like Friday afternoon.

0 Kudos
jewlz23

@j3ffmeadowsgm  How are you doing?

0 Kudos
j3ffmeadowsgm

@jewlz23 I love Paul Simon. I saw him at Central Park NYC

jewlz23

Yes, his songs are so inspiring. I love listening to him too. I bet that NYC Central Park concert was amazing! 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

The Central Park concert album is my favorite of all time!

j3ffmeadowsgm

@Barbscloud I have a meeting with my therapist in about an hour

jewlz23

I am so sorry that you are going through tough times. I am glad you are using resources such as the suicide help line. I am sorry I did not get back here to reply in a timely manner. I have a lot of issues going on with myself and have been in bed most of the day due to pain. Praying for you! 

0 Kudos